Thursday 12 September 2013

ORIGIN OF AGATHIYAR

I had always wondered why those in possession of the Jeeva Nadi did not use it to enquire the origin of Sidhas and other information regarding Sidhas like who was Agathiyar, how did he come about, who was Lobhamudra, why nothing was mentioned about their families, whether whatever information we have now in our midst was authentic, hearsay, myth or legend?

Today's post by Velayutham Karthikeyan on his blog SITHTHAN ARUL carries answers to these questions. Agathiyar had graciously answered them in 2009 to Karthikeyan's friend, the Jeeva Nadi Guru of Chennai who had the Jeeva Nadi in his possession. I wish to take this opportunity to thank Karthigeyan for this revelation.

When English translations of his post from SITHTHAN ARUL appeared on GNANABHOOMI (28 posts till September 12, 2013) at http://www.gnanaboomi.com/ , I decided to stop translating them. I had previously done 22 translations and included them in my book FIRE OF DEVOTION and made them available at http://www.scribd.com/doc/150519434/Fire-of-Devotion-Revised-Updated

But today after reading Karthikeyan's latest post

Thursday, 12 September 2013
I realize I have to translate his posts immediately for all to know. Here is the translation.

The Jeeva Nadi Guru had been asked by Agathiyar at numerous times to go to various places where Agathiyar would then reveal certain things to him. The Jeeva Nadi Guru would follow Agathiyar's instruction without knowing the reasons for Agathiyar's directive. Once there what followed would truly be amazing. Agathiyar had mentioned about Mantralayam, Ranamandalam, Tirupathi, Bhatrachalam, Ahopilam, and a hill in Erode earlier. Now Agathiyar had picked a particular day and asked that the Jeeva Nadi Guru bring along certain people, to a certain place where he would reveal many things. The Jeeva Nadi Guru did as instructed.

Agathiyar asked the Jeeva Nadi Guru to go to a village in Tirunelveli. This village was not known to outsiders. The name of the village was Kodaganallur. There are two temples in this village: a Shiva temple as you enter and another temple for Vishnu called Prahan Maathaa at the other extreme end. The Jeeva Nadi Guru and his friends were directed to the Prahan Maathaa temple. That day was a Saturday, 31.10.2009. The star was Uttiradaathi. The Thithi was Sukla Pasha Trayodasi. Once they were seated at a particular spot indicated by Agathiyar, the Jeeva Nadi Guru began to read the Nadi.

This is what Agathiyar said,

"In the Tamil month of Aipasi, at this moment where the star Uttiradaathi has arisen, I am going to reflect and reveal about a temple, its future, and the origin and history of it as I had come around this temple for the past 6000 years. This is the very day, an auspicious day, where I had performed the bathing ritual or Abhisegam to Lord Vengadavan in the past at this time, day, and star. Otherwise, why would I come here? So this is the day, time and the star of my father Saneeswara Bhagawan, Uttiradaathi, where I had done this Abhisegam. I have come here at this moment, today, to commemorate that particular day. Till this day no one has correctly written about this temple. This place was a garden paradise 1747 years ago. Sidhas, Munis, Maga Munis, Muni Pungavar all converged here to worship the Lord. So there is a reason for me to be here in this auspicious spot on the banks of Thaamiraparani." 

"Most people do not know and in present times have associated the much mentioned Lobamudra to be my wife. To this day no one has asked who this Lobamudra is? When was she born? Where was she brought up?" 

Agathiyar reveals who Lobamudra is. He astonishes me.

"The river Thaamiraparani that I created is Lobamudra! Any river for the matter will have its source in a particular country, branch out and it finally reaches the sea in another country. An exception to this rule and a miracle has taken place here. The river Thaamiraparani has its source in the hills, dressed in all its gaiety flows through Nelveli @ Tirunelveli with joy and finally discharges here itself. I am the one who created this river. Thus I have named this river as Lobamudra." 

Agathiyar surprises us by revealing that the Sidhas and Munis do not have wives! 

"Have you seen any Sidha with his wife?", Agathiyar puts to us this question.

"If it is true that the Sidhas do not have wives then how is it that I have Lobamudra?", continues Agathiyar. Agathiyar is puzzled why no one had asked this question till now.

"But it is my duty to clarify things. This is the very spot on this bank where I created the river Thaamiraparani @ Lobamudra and kept her at my side. She is not my wife. I am living on the banks of Thaamiraparani. I roam the hills of Pothigai. And today at this moment I am present here."

Agathiyar goes on to explain.

"1800 years back I started a garden paradise here and conducted abhisegam for my Lord. That day is today. On this day too I created the river Thaamiraparani and named her Lobamudra and since then kept her alongside me." 

"I have come to relate this true story that took place in the past birth, some 1477 years ago." 

"Thus I am roaming here. Not only me, but the 205 Sidhas who are with me too are also roaming this place. All this while it was said that I am the lead Sidha out of 18 others. I am said to be Shiva's son or Shiva Mainthan."

Agathiyar reveals his birth!

"I came forth from fire or Agni", reveals the Sidha! "I did not come to be from Shiva's eye nor forehead!", corrects the saint. 

He goes on to explain further.

"I came forth from the fire, from the Yagna or Yagam conducted by Lord Shiva!"

"Not only that, but both Shiva and Vishnu also passed on their authority to me this day!", Agathiyar concludes.

"I wanted to narrate to you the auspiciousness of this day and that's the reason I asked you to come over here, on the banks of Thaamiraparani. Thus on this day, three important events had taken place."

Saying thus Agathiyar summarizes the events again.

"One, this is the day I performed milk Abhisegam and 14 other Abhisegams on Lord Vishnu. This is also the day I created the river Thaamiraparani and named her Lobamudra. Another reason is to correct the facts about this temple that was documented incorrectly."

"There was a time in the ancient past where both the Asuras Aadhishesan (Snake) and Kaar Kodagan went on a rampage and turned out victorious in their evil ventures. When the three-year-old son of a great Muni was on the verge of dying as a result of Aadhishesa's venomous snake bite, the Muni prayed that the Lord should save his son's life. I was also present at that moment. That is the time Karuda came here. The moment Aadhishesa saw Karuda, he fled. Karuda sucked the poison by its beak and saved the kid. This is the very day that miracle took place."

"That's the reason this temple is auspicious for Karuda", adds Agathiyar. "That's the reason abhisegam is conducted for Karuda in this temple. This miracle took place some 1377 years ago."

Agathiyar also mentions that the Indian subcontinent has many secrets hidden within her. 

Agathiyar then begins to reveal the reason for bringing along those three friends of the Jeeva Nadi Guru. Agathiyar reveals that in the past, they had built a huge bathing tank; a tank in Poigai; and a golden throne too. Agathiyar then moves on to reveal about the temple and the extent of its properties. The temple was once the proud owner of all the land beginning from Nellai district to the foot of the Pothigai hills.

Kaar Kodagan, on his part, was poisonous too. The very breath of his could go a long way as much as 300 miles and killed everything on its path. He was 'ruling' this region. This region was where evil was rampant and at its height thanks to both Aadhishasa and Kaar Kodagan. It is here where Paraasara Muni and Paranjhoti Muni with others performed severe tapas to weaken these evil personages. The Munis directed their prayer to Lord Venkadavan who was known as Prahan Maathaa. Even Prahan Maathaa was not exempted from Kaar Kodagan's evil deeds. He let out his poisonous breath. Venkadavan turned himself to green. The green in him countered the poisonous breath."

Karthikeyan ends his post at that for today. We shall wait patiently for him to continue these revelations in his next posts next Thursday. He comments on his blog that there are four more posts waiting to be aired regarding these revelations by Agathiyar.