Thursday 23 July 2015

ANANDA JYOTHI PART 1

Nadi Nool Aasan T.Ramesh had read the Nadi for Thavathiru Rengaraja Desigar and Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal. He was witness to the spiritual development of both Gurus from a common man to a Jnani. 

When I read Ramalinga Adigal's biography, I was in a state of awe coming to realize the spiritual nature of the saint. I wished I was there to see him achieve the feat of transforming himself into Jhothi or light in 1874. When I learnt that Jeganatha Swamigal's Samadhi too was lit up by the effulgence of the Jhoti in 1959, I yearned to witness this extraordinary phenomena. 

When I came to Tavayogi he was already a mendicant or Thuravi, having left his family and business to settle in the hills of Kallar. I told him I wanted to see him perform the same feat as Ramalinga Adigal. He replied that it was not possible in this birth and that he had to come back again.

Then Agathiyar answered my prayers. I received a mail from a lady in the USA. She emailed me on 30th June 2011 after reading my article "From My Travels in India" on my, now defunct website “indianheartbeat”. 

She wrote, 
Greetings to you Sir, I am Mrs ..... I was reading an article from Agasthiar.com. I read all the articles posted on Sadhguru Venkataraman's site when one link led to another and then to another another and finally saw this link My travels with Supramania Swamy.
This interested me a lot. I had for a very long time trying to find out visit Saint Agasthiar's cave. Then I saw this link which shows "email me ". Hence I thought I would email and find out the details of all that is mentioned here.
What is this person who is mentioned as Tavayogi. Is he a guide or an Enlightened Master. I would also like to know who shanmugam avadaiyappa is.
regards Mrs ....." 
I replied to her. She went back to India again the same year to visit Kallar Ashram, planning to stay six months at the Ashram. But Agathiyar had some other plans for her. Agathiyar blessed her with an initiation through Tavayogi and sent her back to the USA immediately. Just before she left, Agathiyar confirms the happenings and reveals new happenings in her very first Jeeva Nadi reading, read by Tavayogi.

She returned to the USA as directed, ever so eager to know more about Agathiyar now. She asked to watch live, the prayers my family and I conducted at Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia. She would stay up till late night and the early morning hours to watch the entire ritual of lighting the sacrificial fire or homam, libation or abhisegam and singing the praise of Siddhas and Erai or bhajans through Skype.

The yearning to be with Agathiyar was too strong in her that a year later she arrives in India again to participate in the annual Agathiyar Jayanthi and Guru Puja held at Kallar Ashram. Having made several acquaintances during the fest, she ventures with her new found friends to new frontiers, exploring caves and jungles, mountains and hills, staying in ashrams, meeting Gurus and spiritual masters, going on pilgrimages to many temples, while amassing many spiritual experiences along the way.

Her journey on the path of the Siddhas brought her to many places and many masters and eventually Agathiyar started to lead her directly through his Nadi. She spent hours with Agathiyar where Agathiyar shared much knowledge and wisdom, revealed to her many mysteries, explained to her agamas and traditions, dictated to her many task, guided her spiritually and consoled her when she was alone and hurt. After traveling extensively to many spiritual spots Agathiyar finally ask that she stay away from people and carry on her tapas or austerities in secrecy and in private. Agathiyar was Guru, Teacher, Father, Mother, Friend, Companion, Doctor, and Nurse, all put together. He taught her techniques and practices. Her physical body underwent many changes that made her ill as a result of undergoing these extreme austerities but Agathiyar was with her throughout her ordeal and nursed her back to health. I recall Ramalinga Adigal lamenting in his Arutpa the amount of hardship he had to endure for 12 long years before he was granted the grace of Erai.

In yesterdays Jeeva Nadi reading Agathiyar has allowed her to step out of her self made cocoon of isolation as directed by Agathiyar, to meet his devotees. Her mission to spread the fame of Agathiyar and the Siddhas has begun!

A beautiful relationship started and blossomed where my family and I had the opportunity to see her grow spiritually, moment by moment, day by day and step by step.  Each day she would either call over Skype or email to update me about her travels and experiences that enriched both her and my family too. When I left for Palani, leaving behind my first Guru Supramania Swami, as his health was ailing, he blessed me and told me that I was undertaking the journey on his behalf. Similarly she tells me each time she visits a sacred place we are in her thoughts. We are blessed indeed to be introduced to Agathiyar's child, Molly who became Jnana Jyothiamma and henceforth shall be know as Ananda Jyothiamma.