Thursday 25 March 2021

RECLAIMING THE LOST WEBSITES 5 - MIRACLES ABROAD & AT HOME

MIRACLES AT KALLAR

Posted on February 1, 2013, at 5:10 AM

Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal before becoming a mendicant (turavi), used to be a well-known orator often chairing the many talk shows (pattimandrams) that were popular with the public. The talent he had as a proficient and convincing speaker was maximized now since he takes the stage again but this time to preach and popularize the path of the sidhas (Sidhar Margam).

He was a successful businessman managing his cotton industry in Tirupur, Kovai. He was into politics and movies too.

He became a disciple of Chitramuthu Adigal and came to be known as Thaaiveedu Thangarasan. He was a devout follower of Agathiyar and the Siddhas.

Tavayogi had seen the worst of times when his business collapsed as a result of politics in India at that period of time; he had to hit the streets with his family; he became blind overnight, and was on the verge of committing suicide when he formed a determined resolve to belief in Agathiyar and let Him rule his life as He pleases. He regained his sight; his life picked up and he regained his lost treasures only to leave them all behind voluntarily this time. He handed over the responsibility of managing the company to his son and family and walked out of all the luxuries he had been accumulating.

His travels through India brought him to the hills of Uthiyur, Kolli, Sathuragiri, Pothigai amongst other sites of Siddhas.

He finally settled in Kallar, on the 9th km of the Ooty-Methupalaiyam trunk route. He started an ashram that he named after his guru the Sri Agathiyar Gnana Peedham. What started as a humble hermitage by Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal on the instruction of Agathiyar, the Sri Agathiyar Gnana Peedham has today mushroomed into a much bigger ashram the Sri Agathiyar Sri Thava Murugar Gnana Peedham Thirukovil Dhyana Kudil.

Agathiyar instructed Tavayogi to seek Agathiyar Vanam and set up his hermitage. And so Tavayogi found himself at present-day Kallar on the 9th km Ooty-Methupalaiyam route.

Agathiyar instructed him to install the 6 Aathaara Peedham to be worshiped. This 7 tier granite structure was subsequently made and installed.

Agathiyar sent local native aboriginal Indians to settle around the Peedham. The Government later built homes for these dwellers. Tavayogi started feeding these native children and donated clothing and stationary with funds from the general public.

Tavayogi was then instructed to spread the teachings of the sidhas to devotees in Malaysia and Singapore. Tavayogi made a few trips to these countries.

Tavayogi started conducting Yagams or lighting of the sacrificial fire. Later he was instructed to light 5 fire pits and this was increased to 108 the following year on the instruction of Agathiyar.

Then a fiber statue of Agathiyar was installed and another of Tava Murugan followed soon.

Agathiyar then instructed Tavayogi to place a granite statue of the sage at the exact spot where Agathiyar had appeared to Tavayogi in the jungles of Kallar.

Agathiyar has been performing miracles at the Sri Agathiyar Sri Thava Murugar Gnana Peedham Thirukovil in Kallar. Along the way, Tavayogi gets visits from Sidha Konganar, Lobhamudra, and Lord Murugan. A few days before the Agathiyar Jayanthi & Guru Puja celebrations on 31st December 2012, a sadhu mysteriously shows up at Kallar bringing with him an unusual Rudrakcham and hands it to Tavayogi with instructions to worship it as a linga.

Agathiyar continues to perform miracles at the Sri Agathiyar Sri Thava Murugar Gnana Peedham Kallar. 

TAVAYOGI IN MALAYSIA

http://indianheartbeat.20m.com/manadu.htm

October 14, 2007

Tavayogi arrived in Malaysia with his entourage of seventy-five Indian saints, learned pandits, professors, Siddha doctors, and common folk on 24th May 2007. They were driven to the University of Malaya where the First Conference of Sidha Principles was to be held that evening.  The moment I spotted Tavayogi alighting from the four-wheel drive, I hurried to him. Another disciple of his approached him too. He hugged both of us. Tavayogi moved aside to reveal Madam Sarojini or recently given the honorable title of Mataji. I held her hands and we both embraced ourselves. I told Tavayogi that I had wanted to go over to the airport but decided I would be of use at the university where preparations were being conducted for the seminar.

Earlier Uran Adigal was driven in by his disciple in Malaysia, GN Supramaniam. As the Adigal alighted from the vehicle, I greeted him. I became the porter for the day by circumstances. The group of volunteers in charge of receiving the participants was nowhere to be seen. I carried Adigal’s luggage to his room and later had the privilege to serve him tea in his lodge. The rest of the entourage had arrived by now. I greeted them and assisted in carrying some of their luggage. I showed them their rooms and solved some tiny-winy problems that they faced during checking in.

Meanwhile, my wife and children were equally busy helping prepare the identity cards for the participants. I called them over to Adigal who on seeing them took out a packet of vibhuti and blessed them. When Tavayogi arrived I called my family over to greet him too.

As we left for home around one in the afternoon, thinking we had assisted enough for the day, we met Tavayogi who was being chauffeured to the radio station for an interview, at the traffic lights. We greeted each other again while still in the car, and Tavayogi asked that we return in the evening to talk.

At 6 pm my family and I picked up my brother-in-law Arumugam who had had just arrived from Ipoh to attend the conference. Tavayogi had gone to the airport to fetch a Vice-Chancellor from a university in India, we were told. Arumugam and I went to meet Uran Adigal who was in his lodge. I took the opportunity to get Adigal to autograph my copy of the Tiru Arutpa, the sixth canto, that he had published in 1982.[1]

Later as Adigal came down for a walk I approached him to ask if he would like a drive to ‘Little India’ - Brickfields. This is a small township where everything Indian is available. Adigal consented. He talked about himself, his writings, his previous trips to Malaysia, etc. We came back to the university in time for dinner. Tavayogi was already back for dinner too. Tavayogi retired early that evening.

THE FIRST CONFERENCE OF SIDHA PRINCIPLES

25th May 2007 was the official opening of the First Conference Of Sidha Principles. As I parked my car and walked up the hill where the Convention Center was located with my brother-in-law Arumugam, my brother Kathi, and the Nadi reader Ramesh, we spotted Tavayogi at the patio to the Convention Center. We walked briskly to meet him. We gave the traditional Indian salutations as we walked up the slope and he returned the salutations. Upon reaching him, Kathi and Ramesh fell at his feet. I grasped his hands only to realize this was not Tavayogi. He was Swami Hindu from Ipoh. Tavayogi arrived at the Convention Center only later. All four of us were pretty sure that we saw Tavayogi a moment ago. We realized that Tavayogi had given us a vision that morning on top of the hillock.

As I was having tea with Arumugam, Kathi, and Ramesh later at the open-air carpark in front of the Convention Center, I spotted a squirrel on a tree nearby. A few minutes later that squirrel approached Kathi and started to sniff his feet. Then it did the same at my feet. I was surprised that it was friendly. Since it was friendly I bent down to pat it. Surprisingly it did not run away but instead allowed me to pat its back. Kathi then started patting it. It stood still. Then it moved on to another person.

As I came down after having my lunch that afternoon, I noticed Swami Omkaranandha standing alone in one corner. I took the opportunity to approach him and fell at his feet. He asked for my name, where I stayed, and if I had children. Shortly after that his disciples came and ushered him away.

On the final day of the convention, Kathi, my friend Murali and myself waited at the foyer to meet the swamis and bid them farewell. We meet Swami Omgaranandha, Mataji, and later Tavayogi in the Press Room. We invited Tavayogi to our homes.

[1] Only later that I came to know that I had made the right choice of bringing him to the 6th canto. The first five cantos I was told relates to Bakthi Margam while the 6th was solely on Gnana Margam.