Monday 30 May 2022

SOULS WHO CAME BY IN MY LIFE - 5

Life is akin to going on a tour. We stop at places meet with others and take leave. We do some sightseeing and some purchasing and off we go on to our next destination. Meanwhile there are several others with whom we travel in the same compartment or vehicle. These are the family and friends who spend more time with us. And so many souls came by on my life's journey too. Most came to make my life pleasurable and memorable. Some came as a thorn that hurt. But we choose to recall the good memories and regard the bad experiences as things to avoid in the future.

Along this journey Mahindren came along in 2013 together with several other youths introduced to me by Bala Chandran. I would rather choose to see him as sent by Agathiyar himself to anoint and decorate his bronze statue at my home. He volunteered and took up the tasks of bathing and dressing up Agathiyar's statue to his hearts content and the satisfaction of Agathiyar himself. Today he carries on the rituals in the confines of his home with his family and occasionally drops by at my home and performs the rituals before Agathiyar at AVM.