Sunday 31 July 2022

GAINING FURTHER INSIGHT

Speaking to this couple made me realize how shallow my understanding of karma was. If I only knew that karma was carried from past births, some numbering 7, Agathiyar told them of births that went beyond this yuga into former yugas! It is truly mind-boggling. I guess none can fathom the extent of karma and its reach. I realized that I only had a shallow idea of it as opposed to what Agathiyar had told this couple. 

Sri Krishna was exposed to the existence of the Nadi and the Siddhas as early as 15 years of age when Nadi readers used to stay in his uncle's house where he grew up. He picked up the worship of the Siddhas. His wife joined him after their marriage. He had translated the Nadi to many and the couple had taken many locally and to India to carry out their remedies. Soon they involved themselves in feeding the hungry. I came to know them in 2010 at a Siddha puja hosted by my nephew where AVM Agathiyar visited his home. We at AVM were introduced to street feeding and feeding the animals like cattle and elephants by this couple. The couple also conducts regular libation or abhisegam to Agathiyar at the Sri Raja Sakthy Nageswary Amman Alayam and Sri Kasi Visalatchy Sametha Sri Kasi Viswanathar Swamy Thirukovil at KL Eco City, Jalan Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur. 

I took the opportunity to interview them last night after they sent home AVM Agathiyar who had stayed over at their home after they hosted a puja on 3rd July. Prior to this Sri Krishna had obliged us with a couple of interviews. In speaking to them we saw how they too have evolved over the past years.