Thursday 14 July 2022

TRAVELING WITH AGATHIYAR

You shall not find doctrines and teachings in the pages or posts of this blog. This blog is solely about the journeys, travels, and experiences gained while doing so by several devotees of Agathiyar. 

Upon my arrival at Kallar ashram for the first time in 2005, Tavayogi asked me if I wanted to go to the caves or visit several gurus. I opted for the caves. But he did take me to these gurus later. He pointed out the one who craved post, authority, and respect. He then brought me to another who was stuck in rituals and recognition. Finally, the third he told me was a Gnani who kept to himself. If Tavayogi took me to see three gurus so that I could know the differences between gurus themselves, experience as a seeker, follower, and devotee for the past 20 years places me in a position to evaluate fellow aspirants. We all started as seekers but we quickly switch to being followers on the Siddha path and have now become devotees of Agathiyar. Many sadly remain seekers even after years of searching. They just do not know what they are searching for. They have formed an idea in them and look outside if that ever exists. They shall never find it out there. The only way is to start on their own with their own idea and experience shall teach them further. Many others remain as followers but drop out the moment something unpleasant crops up with their master or organization or faith. Or they leave for greener pastures when bored with the routine or do not see results or their desires fulfilled and when they feel it is of no use hanging around further. The devotee is one who shall give his time, resources, and life for the cause. 

I guess I too was one such person, in the beginning, a seeker knocking on the doors of establishments in the name of Agathiyar. I simply wanted to know how to worship the Siddhas as Agathiyar had asked me in the Nadi to come to their worship. Existing establishments did not satisfy my yearning and need at that moment. I decided to go alone. That is when Agathiyar sends me to Supramania Swami of Tiruvannamalai and Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal of Kallar ashram. They filled the void in me. I took up their teachings and practices. Besides this Agathiyar regularly topped up more teachings and practices through his Nadi. It was all so complete and beautiful. From a seeker and a follower I truly became a devotee of Agathiyar. As he is currently in the home of another devotee after puja and praises there I am asked if I miss Agathiyar. I do not. His presence is felt in his room in our home although his murthy or statue is not there. He has moved in with us and walks with us, engages in talks with us, laughs with us, and cries with us too. This is the amount of love and compassion he shows for his devotees. 

The more we rub shoulders with him the more we should be careful with our conduct and speech. He can pull his support away anytime. A daily Nadi reading for someone was brought to an abrupt halt and another was made to suffer mental torture and torment for ridiculing their Nadi. And these were heads of movements associated with Agathiyar's name. I guess this is why we are often reminded that the journey is akin to walking on a razor's edge. So when a book came flying and hit my right eye I immediately asked myself if I had erred and was punished. But Agathiyar only gave assurance that I shall recover my sight and never spoke about the reason for that happening. I am thankful to him as it looks like I am still in his good books at least for now.