Friday 5 May 2023

MORE CLARIFICATIONS

Yesterday was Wesak day that amazingly marks the birth, the day of enlightenment and also the passing away of Lord Buddha. I grew up next to the Wat Bhodhiyaram Buddhist Temple in Taiping often having food there and attending the classes conducted on Sundays. Buddha's life intrigued me since those days. Tavayogi spoke about how the most compassionate Buddha pardoned an evil being during his visit in 2016. Agathiyar had mentioned in my Nadi that both Lord Vinayagar and Buddha were exponents in Vaasi or Pranayama and asked me to carry out the enhanced practices that he gave through his Nadi many years back. When I hurt my back in 2010, he had me stop it. So, when he asked me to continue yesterday, I questioned him if the pain would not recur. He replied that if it did, he would heal it. Earlier he had asked me to recite and know the essence of Ramalinga Adigal's "Agaval". I did try but could not comprehend. Yesterday I conveyed my failure to him. He replied asking me to place the effort to comprehend and not give up. He justified that man gives up but not the Siddhas. Indeed, he has been working on us trying to make us into Siddhas. But sadly, we are looking elsewhere. My granddaughter would ask her younger sister who follows all she does, in speech and actions but often is distracted by other things and moves away to attend to it, "Sister, what are you doing" in her song. Similarly, I ask you what are you doing? 

While the Gods went to war, surprisingly the gurus taught us to show compassion to others. For instance, why did Mother Goddess Mahishasuramardini and Lord Muruga go to war with Mahishasuran and Surapadman respectively? I had been pondering over this for some time now. I soon found the answer. When evil threatens the good God comes to take arms and end the trauma that has befallen the good. But instead of wiping the evil beings in its entirety or burning them to ashes, God defeats them, resurrects and pardons them again and keeps them with him. And so, I thought I had figured out the answer. But when Agathiyar came through a devotee yesterday evening I asked him the reason for the Gods to go to war. He replied that the war was within us. We have to beat and conquer our evil thoughts. But man has held on to the puranas and stories instead. Indeed, Paramahansa Yogananda in writing his "God Talks with Arjuna" published by Yogada Satsanga Society of India gives us a spiritual symbolism of the Mahabharata story. It is a story of returning back to the source. 


Tavayogi told me that Ramalinga Adigal's description of a mystical journey in his song "Aanipon Ambalathil Kanda Thiru Kaatchi Yellam" was the journey of the Kundalini.

It would surprise us to know that evil can raise its hood even in the home of the divine sage. Surapadman was a son of the sage Kashyapa Muni and a shakti named Maya. He waged war against the devas by invading Devaloka with his massive army and was defeated by Lord Muruga, and turned into his vehicle or vahana, the peacock. I guess that way Lord Murugan can keep an eye on him always. 

We have read in the puranas that the rishis performing the rituals were often disturbed by Asuras and they had to seek the help of the Gods. When Tavayogi asks me to conduct the homam over the phone, I did as told. When he came over to Malaysia in 2010, he fine-tuned the ritual. He asked to place a Kumbam and slices of lime on all sides of the Homa Kundam or vessel and the four corners of my home before proceeding with the puja, something I had no knowledge and did not do previously. When Lord Shiva came during the last Shivarathri puja he asked me to split a lime and place it in each corner of my home although I had split two pieces of lime into halves and placed them in the corners earlier. When we were asked to carry out Chitramuthu Adigal's wish to conduct a Siddha puja at the Thanneermalai Sri Thandayuthapani Temple, in Taiping, Tavayogi asked me to fetch some water to bath the granite statue of Lord Ganesa before the start of the Yagam. He surprised me when he asked me not to go alone but to bring someone along explaining that the evil forces wait to sabotage us. When Agathiyar came to my home in the form of the bronze statue he too surprised me saying that many had stopped him from coming but he broke through the barriers and crawled into my home.  How do we explain all these?