Thursday 18 May 2023

SCALING THE LAST FRONTIER

In the early days of my search, I was angry with certain heads of missions and establishments affiliated with Agathiyar. For one I asked why did we need so many movements? Why could not they all come together unified under an umbrella? Soon traveling the path and knocking on several doors I saw that each started his movement after having a desire to serve and spread Agathiyar's fame. But indirectly they were building on their ego as heads there came fame and recognition, authority and power, etc. It would have been an entirely different thing if Agathiyar had directed them to do so. Then it would be his wish and desire and not ours. Tavayogi's plan to go into samadhi after his joint in meditating in the Sadhuragiri hills for four years having travelled the length and breadth of India was derailed by Agathiyar then in the late nineties. Tavayogi was commanded to look out for a place known as Agathiyar Vanam and put up an ashram. Later he was instructed to go to Malaysia and reach out to potential candidates in the path of the Siddhas. Hence, he made his maiden journey leaving the Indian subcontinent to arrive at our shores in 2004. I met him the following year. Soon he made several trips before his last in 2016. When he spoke about moving house or rather the ashram to another spot some two kilometers away from the old ashram at Kallar Thuripaalam or bridge, that came about through the contributions of several devotees, I asked him why the need to build a temple when he often spoke about coming out of devotion or Bakthi into Gnanam. He replied that it was not for him but rather for others. When Agathiyar and later Murugan asked me to build a temple I turned them down. The first mention of the temple was in my very first Nadi reading in 2002. Lord Murugan made the asking in 2018 again, this time a temple for him. He answered the question that arose in my mind at that moment reading the Jeeva Nadi as to why the need for another when his temple was spread all over the land, telling me that it would be different. I did not budge nor move. The following year to my surprise Agathiyar told me that he had tested me. I seemed to have passed his test. Lately Lord Murugan came and told me that they have dismissed the idea due to my age. They did not want me to go through the trouble of building one. 

Now I understand pretty well what Lord Murugan meant when he said that we shall be different. Indeed, when I started scouting for the method and way to worship the Siddhas, none of the existing establishments at that time in the year 2002 were into worship. This rather disappointed me as either they were fully into doing charity or had moved up the rung into the worship of Light. I started my home puja compiling the songs of praise to the Siddhas from numerous sources, books and online. Then came a time when the divine in coming through devotees to carry out the libation of Agathiyar in the bronze statue at AVM did it in a jiffy. We followed suit cutting the original puja from two hours to twenty-four minutes. When I spoke about it to two heads of a mission, they voiced their hesitation to do the same. One said that it was a three-hundred-year-old tradition that he had to uphold after taking on the post as the head. Another told me that she prefers to carry out what the guru did. While they preferred to be frozen in time, those above-mentioned establishments that I visited had, I realized, outgrown their initial purpose and having grown and evolved spiritually, had taken on other ways and paths though still retaining Agathiyar's name. Experience on the path showed me that nothing is wrong. I realized that my anger was uncalled for. Everything was happening for a purpose - the purpose being to educate and have us grow spiritually and enhance the soul power within us to carry out his task in later years. But sadly, many get attached to what is seen as lucrative and can never find themselves giving way to the younger generation. Today Agathiyar has asked us to hand over his bronze statue to Mahindren to carry on the rituals at his home, relieving me and my family of the tasks. This is how he gets us to let go of all our attachments, even those towards him as Thirumular sings in his Thirumanthiram.

It is only when we lift our foot and place it on another rung of the ladder that we can move up the ladder. In moving up we shall then have a better and clearer view and also be closer to the summit or peak. If we are to hold on and stand put on the same rung, we can never learn or experience new things. That is how like his verse in a song, Agathiyar had us start puja and stop it later or rather the singing stopped on its own as we could not bring ourselves to sing another line as bliss filled us in.  Even the practice of Vaasi stopped on its own as we progressed further. With Sariyai, Kriyai and Yogam left behind Agathiyar came to fill us in with Gnanam. He has asked us to remain silent and to reach out to the Prapanjam for all our needs including divine knowledge or Gnanam.