Wednesday 23 October 2013

GRATITUDE

After stopping for lunch at Karur, we continued our journey back to Trichy where we would board the plane back to Malaysia. It was just after three in the afternoon as we approach Trichy. Deva dropped us at Sarathas and Ananthas where my family picked up a couple of dresses and sarees. 

Then we shopped for some souvenirs before we walked over to the caves at Rock Fort or Malaikottai, and started ascending the 417 steps up to the Thayumaanavar Temple and Uchipillaiyaar Temple. At Thayumanavar as we were disorientated as to where we should go, a dumb man hails us and points the direction we should take. Later he waits on us and takes us to every shrine and sannadhi at Thayumaanavar Temple. Simply amazing! We had a beautiful view of Trichy and the surrounding areas from Rock Fort. As darkness crept on the town of Trichy, we make our way down the steps to the car.






























Deva dropped us at the airport at 8 pm. We checked in the baggage at 9 pm and subsequently boarded the plane for Malaysia. We arrived at LCCT Kuala Lumpur at 6 am on 16.10.2013. We were home by 7.40 am to be greeted by Agathiyar at our altar.

It was a memorable pilgrimage to India and Kallar. I wish to thank Jnana Jyothi Amma and Dr. Ram who greeted us on arrival at Trichy Airport and accompanied us to Kallar. I thank Jnana Jyothi Amma for all the gifts she showered on my family and me, not forgetting the gifts for Agathiyar too who she affectionately calls 'Daddy Cool'. I wish to thank Saravanan who cooked up delicious meals at Tavayogi's ashram and served them on time. I thank Jeganathan and Simbhu who served us and took care of our needs. I thank Dr. Nanjan and his friend for accompanying us to Coonoor and Ooty. I thank the dear Dr who bought us the meals, tea, and tickets to Doddapetta. I thank Prabhakaran who traveled all the way from his home to accompany us to the Mulasthaanam. I thank Prabhakaran and Silambarasan who risk their lives taking us up to Mulasthaanam. I thank Kartik who gave me his sandals when mine snapped in the hills of Kallar. I thank the Seth who did not oppose us joining Tavayogi on the pilgrimage to the Nattadreeswarar Temple, one that we never imagined. I thank the two men who rowed us across the Kaveri river and back safely. I thank the junior priests at this temple who agreed to take us across to the temple. I thank the senior priest and his wife who blessed us all. I thank Seth again for taking us to his Goshala and gave us an opportunity to feed the cows. I thank him for buying us dinner. I thank Tavayogi and Mataji for taking us in, grooming us, caring for us and always there for us in times of need. I thank Deva who picked us up from the airport and was with us throughout our pilgrimage having safely brought us back to Trichy. I thank the pilots who brought us to and fro from Malaysia. I thank the dumb man who guided us around at Thayumaanar Temple. I thank Agathiyar and the Sidhas who were with us throughout this memorable journey.

Jnana Jyothi Amma followed us to Malaysia although she boarded the plane from Chennai the same day we landed in Malaysia (16.10.13). Suresh picked her up at the LCCT Kuala Lumpur and sent her over at night. The next morning (17.10.13) we went over to Scotts Road Kandasamy Temple and Karpaga Vinayagar Temple, both in Brickfields before heading for Jeganatha Swamigal's Samadhi at Tapah, Perak.

At Kandasamy Temple
At Karpaga Vinayagar Temple
After a beautiful Darshan we returned to our home where we conducted the usual Thursday prayers (Guru Naal). Suren, Bala Chandran and his sister Bala Jhothy joined us.





The next day (18.10.13) was spent in exchanging thoughts and views and followed by another prayer to coincide with the Full Moon (Purnima Puja). Suren joined us again. 

On 19.10.13 the day Jnana Jyothi Amma was flying back to Chennai we stopped over at the Mayuranathar Temple in Dengkil before heading for the Airport. We had lunch in Dengkil before we bid farewell to Jnana Jyothi Amma.

At Mayuranathar Temple
Mayuranathar Temple
Rajagopuram
Rajagopuram