Thursday 10 October 2013

PRAYERS FOR SUPRAMANIA SWAMI

Puja and Annadhanam will be conducted at the Samadhi of Supramania Swami tomorrow at 11.10.13 between 11am and 12.30noon at Tiruvanamalai. All are invited to participate and get the blessings of Swami. For further details please contact Ramajayam at 90470 45103 and Deva at 93821 88967.

Supramania Swami in 2005
Supramania Swami in 2003

Ramajayam and Harsha
Ramajayam and Suren
Suren and Harsha

I went in search of an astrologer to chart my second daughter’s future but instead took him as my Guru. He revealed, not my daughter's future but my future instead without neither looking into my palm nor my charts nor with any other aid. The words of revelation mystically came from him as he sat upright in the Padmasana pose on his deerskin, which was spread on the cold cement floor of his humble home in a village known as Nachananthal, eight kilometers away from the town of Tiruvannamalai. 

I had come to the end of my pilgrimage to India in 2003. I undertook this pilgrimage on the instructions of Agathiyar through the Nadi reading. I was to perform atonement for my past Karmas by way of visiting certain temples and submitting my offerings to the deities, the Brahmins, the devotees, the poor and the animals too. I was told in the Nadi that I would meet my Guru in an unexpected way and in an unexpected place soon. He would guide me further with instructions for spiritual advancement. When I did not meet the said Guru on my last leg of the pilgrimage, I consoled myself it may be another moment, and another place; it might even take place back in Malaysia. 

Just prior to leaving for India my wife reminded me that we had not charted our daughter’s future and asked that I seek an astrologer in India. When I had completed my worship and Girivalam of Arunachala in Tiruvannamalai and would be leaving for Chennai the next day, I asked Deivanthiran, my appointed chauffeur, who was from Chennai, if he knew any astrologer. He told me he had an uncle in a village eight kilometers from Tiruvannamalai and that, he was an astrologer. I was driven over to Nachananthal to meet Supramania Swami. As I alighted from the white Ambassador and walked into the walled compound, an elderly man who I presumed was the Swami approached us from a shed to the left of the entrance. Deivanthiran introduced me as a tourist he was accompanying and told him my intention of coming over to have my daughter’s astrological chart drawn up. The Swami did not say a word but instead led us to his prayer room. He lighted camphor and prayed. Then he asked Deivanthiran to place his deerskin outside and his son Ramajayam to bring out the Almanac or Panjangam. 

We sat outside the house. I prepared myself to listen to the astrological revelation of my daughter’s future. However, what he did was to talk about my future and me. The first thing he mentioned was, “Now that you have arrived in Tiruvannamalai, all is over for you.” I did not ask what he meant by that. He mentioned this couple of times. I reckoned he meant that I came back ‘home’ -to the shadows of my Lord after having strayed away for several births and forty-six years of this lifetime. As we sat there together Supramania Swami revealed new happenings that were about to take place in my life. He could tell a number of intimate things about the life and mission I was to face. I listened attentively. I did not question him. As he was narrating all these happenings to be, I could not help but break down. I cried like a child. I cried for the blessings I had received from God until that very moment. I realized how much God loved me then. Swami made me realize the blessings that I have had. As I, cried Supramania Swami added that I would be coming back repeatedly. 

Swami surprised me further when he mentioned that I would build a temple in India in Tiruvannamalai, set up a Peedham and that I will have a place here too. I cried aloud again. Agathiyar had told me in the Nadi reading that I would have to assists financially in the construction of temples after which I would have to build one for him. My confusion as to where I should build the temple had been cleared when Supramania Swami told me it was to be in Tiruvannamalai. How did he know? I had not mentioned the Nadi to him. Neither did I talk about it to Deivanthiran. 

He spoke about himself. He mentioned that he had been going around Arunachala (Girivalam) on full moon days, for the past thirty years now, but could not do it the night before due to ill health. If he had walked the Girivalam path, we might have crossed the path. Nevertheless, even though he did not go on Girivalam that night, I was brought to him! I realized that seeing him over an astrological chart was only a reason to be with him. He was waiting for me. 

When Deivanthiran did mention to Swami that it took me nine hours compared to three hours for others to go around Arunachala on Girivalam, Swami replied, “Of course it would take that long for he had been stopping over at all the places of worship and ashrams.” How did he know? 

He mentioned his masters. He had five of them. Amongst them was his own father, Jayaraman Pillai, Pundi Mahan (Atru Swami), Sathanandha Swami of Salem (author of KANDHAR GURU KAVASAM), Kollimalai Swami and Yogi Ramsuratkumar (Visiri Swami). 

The Yogi, he said had placed him under ‘house arrest’ once. Swami was asked to meditate at the Yogi’s residence for five days. Initially, the Yogi had asked him to stay at his (Yogi’s) place but later decided that Swami should be with his family. Why the sudden change of mind on the part of the Yogi? 

Swami revealed the greatness of his Guru through a miracle that took place after the Yogi had gone into Samadhi. The Yogi had appeared at Swami’s doorsteps in his village home in Nachananthal at 11 pm one day to deliver a painting of him and disappear into the darkness and out of sight. 

Swami pointed out the degree of respect and faith a student should have on the master by narrating the story of Guhai Nama Shivaya and his disciple Guru Namashivaya. When his Guru asked that Guru Namashivaya disposes of his vomit in a place out of bounds of human, the dedicated disciple drinks the vomit of his Guru. 

I was blessed to receive Guru Upadesam in the form of a Mantra Diksha that beautiful day on my very first visit. He asked that I chant the Mantra for half an hour each day. “Just as a silversmith polishes his wares we too shall slowly work on IT till we achieve IT,” said Swami. Swami asked me to get a mat made of Tharpai grass for use as a seat during meditation. 

“Take him back with you”, he said, referring to Arunachala, as he stood hands together in prayer for me, and as I bid him farewell. I spent five hours with him on that blissful day. 

I have come to realize that the Gods work in mysterious ways. When I arrived in India Deivanthiran, who came to fetch me at the airport at Chennai told me that he had taken over the task of chauffeuring me around since Raji was assigned to me came down with a fever. Was that a coincidence or was it the work of fate that Raji should suddenly take ill? Was it a coincidence or was it the work of fate that Deivanthiran should take me to meet Supramania Swami? 

I am forever grateful and indebted to Supramania Swami who opened my eyes to devotion (Bakti) towards God and Guru by his exemplary lifestyle.

Molly with Supramania Swami's wife at his samadhi
























Swami in Tavanilai
Swami
Molly with Ramajayam

Molly at Swami's altar in his village home of Nachaananthal

[1]I had the privilege to chant with Supramania Swami where Yogi Ramsuratkumar (Visiri Swami) joined us in spirit in 2005.