Saturday 1 March 2014

REVEALING THE MYSTERIES OF THE NADI PART 4/5

If I had given Nadi Guru Sentilkumar a print of my right thumb to help trace and locate my Kaanda Nadi the very first time in 2002, Nadi Guru Ramesh did not ask for my thumbprint to be taken. Instead, he only played back a few minutes of the last portion of my last reading, recorded on audiotape by Senthilkumar and immediately left and returned with a Nadi from which he started reading. There was no question and answer session neither. And thus beginning from that moment, Ramesh had read my Nadi 46 times to-date.

Later Ramesh read both my daughters' Nadi located based on their left thumbprint. The subsequent readings of my elder daughter did not require the thumbprint anymore.

Ramesh called me in for a reading, as usual, one fine day. I sat waiting for him to return while he went into the adjacent room where he stored all the Nadi. He came back within a few minutes dumbfounded. He stared at me, a blank look on his face, not able to comprehend anything anymore, he told me that the day's reading was for my wife!

Usually, when he calls me in, there is a message for me but that day, Agathiyar chooses to address my wife, without even she being present there, and without having her left thumbprint taken! Agathiyar made an exception in her case and we understood pretty well why she was special later when he revealed the Nadi. 

Agathiyar surprised both Ramesh and me when he had a reading for my wife. Agathiyar was fully contented with my wife's service to him! He praised her for all her efforts in carrying out worship and prayers for him.

Since Agathiyar came to Agathiyar Vanam in the form of a bronze statue on the eve of his Jayanthi and Guru Puja on 3.1.2010, we had been conducting the homam or lighting the sacrificial fire and abhisegam or libation for him without fail every Thursday or Guru Naal, every full moon day or Pournami, every new moon day or Amavasai, on the annual Jayanthi days, and every other auspicious day like Vinayagar Chathurthi, Thaipusam, Navarathri, and Shivarathri, etc.

You can imagine the amount of work and preparation she does so that this prayers can be conducted without any hitches. Her work starts a couple of days before the actual day of prayers, during the prayer and continues after prayers too where she has to wash up. She prepares the food too for the devotees who participate in the prayers and the family too. And we could understand Agathiyar's appreciation towards her. She deserves all the credit!