Wednesday 28 May 2014

DISCIPLESHIP TO TAVAYOGI

I had posted the following some time back,

Tavayogi did not have me sit in front of him and preach to me; rather I had to observe and learn from him. I was given an opportunity to watch how he lived. I saw the humbleness in him; the kindness in him; and the simplicity with which he lived. He was not stressed out and often asked me to remain so. He must have guessed that I freaked out under stress. He asked me to be very patient when facing difficult times and circumstances. He asked me to be very patient with people. He reminded me to remain calm in the face of problems and danger. 

He used to sit and entertain all those who came to him. To those who came with problems he did not duel into the problems trying to find ways and suggests means to overcome it but instead asked that they pray to the Siddhas to help clear these problems. He avoided taking on the Karma of people. 

Tavayogi was not one who easily parts with the intricate workings of the spiritual world although he preaches the basics of the Siddha path to the masses. He once told me I had to wait twelve years before he would part with this knowledge. His ever-faithful aid and disciple Mataji Sarojini Ammal too is waiting patiently for the day where he would reveal this knowledge.

After 10 years of associating with Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal I can safely say I have slowly began to understand what he meant in his rare and limited conversations with me. Yes, we hardly discussed any matter. If we did talk, he would do the talking and I used to listen. Occasionally he would say a thing or two. Then silence will prevail. Now I realize that verbal conversation is of little purpose in the presence of a saint.  Much is discerned in silence. From the verbal and external one has to move into the silence and internal. 

Lord Murugan told Saint Arunagiri to abstain from speaking and remain silent, and he did remain silent for 12 years. 

We have accumulated and gathered so much trash in us over the years that it has influenced our thoughts and thinking. It clouds us from making wise decisions. That's were we tend to err. We tend to accumulate more karma through our actions too. When action, thought and speech subside, no new karma is accumulated. We need only undergo or face the results of our actions conducted in the past which will eventually burnt out or exhaust itself, with God's grace.

A man who reflects on his past in the present moment and counters it, need not face it after death. We need to exhaust our karma in this very birth so that there is no necessity to take another birth. That's the reason when one goes for a Nadi reading the Siddhas immediately talk about our past actions and recommend ways to exhaust or remove them. We then start off with a clean chapter. With God's grace, we then embark on a new journey, as a new man, a journey not of our choice but that of the Lord.