Monday 29 July 2019

THE PASSING OF ANOTHER GURU

Today I lost yet another guru. Dr. Krishnan, a medical astrologer, Siddha medicine practitioner, a friend and a guru to me. I have written much about him in this blog. I had known him since 1996, often consulting him on my horoscope and the families, and for herbal prescriptions. During my days of crazy search on any material, information, doctrine, method, practice, and technique that could bring me to know the Siddhas, I came to him and told him too, that I was asked to worship Agathiyar. He replied instantly that he would make me a yantra, a mystical or geometric diagram related to a divine being, an abstract symbol or form of it, with syllables, etched on a copper foil. As promised he gifted me the yantra having performed the relevant puja for a duration of time, before handing it over to me. It would summon the Siddhas to our homes he added. He told me he would pass the accompanying mantra of Agathiyar another day. I performed puja for it. He did pass me the mantra that came as an initiation to me through the phone, as I was conducting the fire sacrifice or Homa at my home, during Amavasai.

He was one of the rare Siddha practitioners who knew the art of solidifying mercury with herbs, making the Rasamani. I own one thanks to him. He never charged me or my family for the consultations, the many gifts of life he passed on be it herbs, yantras or mantras, or precious stones. Neither did he charge for the many appointments we have had with him regarding the horoscope or treatment, vending out the advice, treatment, and medicine without any consultation fee or charge or only taking a minimum token, if the need arised.

As the hearse pulled out of his home, it showered suddenly and mysteriously on an extremely hot afternoon. I took it as a sign that the Siddhas came to bless his soul and take him with them. Aum Agatheesaya Namaha.

https://agathiyarvanam.blogspot.com/2015/07/siddha-vaidyam.html