Monday 14 November 2022

THE GOSPEL OF THE SIDDHAS

The Gods are known to give boons to their devotees. If we had read about this in the Puranas, Bhogar came on 11.3.2021 and invoked Lord Shiva to come before us. He asked Shiva to open the door for us.

சிவனே...உன் மக்களுக்காக வா...கதவைத் திற. 

Bhogar then asked us to ask Lord Shiva for any boon. We were tight-lipped until I told him we were pretty satisfied as he had given us all that we needed. I guess he too was happy that we had nothing to ask for. It only means that we are already in the state of being complete and entire, having everything that is needed or Puranam. 

Similarly, I was in a dilemma as to what to ask for when Agathiyar came several months prior to Lord Shiva's visit and turned to each of us gathered asking what we wanted. I had nothing to ask for but he waited patiently for my reply. As he kept waiting, not moving on, my brain worked in overdrive. I finally asked that I be born again and again and be given the privilege to serve him as I do now. He asked me back if that was what I wanted prompting me to pause and realize that it was not what was to be sought after. Later as I and Mahin discussed his visit over a telephone conversation, I told Mahin that maybe we ought to ask him for the state of Gnanam which was highly spoken about by Tavayogi although we never comprehended it. Tavayogi always lamented that people always either asked for riches and position or for their troubles and sufferings to go away, never at any instance did they ask for Gnanam. 

It happened that Agathiyar eavesdropped on our telephone conversation, for the next time he came, on 30.1.2020, he told me that I had asked for Gnanam. I was taken aback. He went on to elaborate on it. He said it was not something to be gifted but earned through our efforts. If I thought that that was "the" thing to ask, it was not to be so too. He came again on 16.3.2021 and told us that the yearning to join them and their company was the ultimate thing to ask for.

இவன் சரியாகக் கேட்டான். திருகுட்டத்தில் சேர வேண்டும் என்று.

When I report back to him that I have failed miserably in my efforts at meditation, "மனம் ஒடுங்க வில்லை", he tells me "நீ முயற்சிக்கின்ராய்", appreciating my effort. On 26.4.2021 when I told him I do not know how to repay his kindness, என்ன கைமாறு செய்வேன் அப்பா? he tells me that there is no need for that, "ஒன்றும் வேண்டாம்." After awakening the chakras in me, I asked him what I should do further and if there were any further practices that I needed to do, and he replied that there was nothing for me to do. The awakened energy or Sakti shall take care and govern all things henceforth.

Editing a video in which Tavayogi speaks at his event celebrating Agathiyar's Jayanthi I realized he had summarized the entire teachings, practices, methods, ways, path, and achievement of the Siddhas in a few words to the devotees gathered at his ashram grounds in 2005.

I guess I was born with a silver spoon. Although growing up with seven siblings in the sixties meant we did not have the luxury of three meals a day we never went hungry. The good Lord and my parents and later my older siblings took care of matters. The scholarship, the job, the motor, and later a car, the home, and the wife all fell into my lap. They were God-sent. We have two wonderful daughters and three grandchildren. 

The path of the Siddhas opened up before me. Inviting me to the path, Agathiyar provided me guidance through his Nadi, through two wonderful gurus, and now coming through his devotees. Walking the path of the Siddhas was not tough as Agathiyar, Supramania Swami and Tavayogi had gone through. I was blessed to have the Siddhas cushion my fall. 

So how do I repay them? I listen and follow their dictates. I carry out everything they say without question and without wanting to know the reasons behind these directives. That was the secret ingredient in my progress on the path. Among the many aspirants he sent over to my home Mahindren follows what is told by Agathiyar, to the extent that Agathiyar had him pull the brakes for he has only started a new family. Agathiyar told him to cool off and that he shall come to claim him in the future. I observe that my grandaughters will make good students too.