Friday 15 November 2013

APH PUBLICATIONS 21 - AGATHIYAR PUSAI (TAMIL)

I was introduced to the Sidha Margam when I went to read the Kaanda Nadi in 2002. Nadi Guru Senthilkumar from Avinasi was in Malaysia then. He passed by a small booklet Sidhargal Potri Thoguppu by the Sri Agathiyar Sanmarga Sangam, Turaiyur, carrying all the names of the Sidhas. Sivabalan who had brought in Sentilkumar gave me a painting of Agathiyar at the same moment. Senthilkumar performed the prayer to Agathiyar and the Sidhas and started me off on a journey of sheer amazement. 

My first venture into and attempt at writing was when I compiled the Sidha hymns that I had been singing during prayers into a book of praise to Sidhas, SIDHARGAL POTRI THOGUPPU. The hymns were from various sources: Thavathiru Rangaraja Desigar of the Sri Agathiyar Sanmaarga Sangam, Ongarakudil, Turaiyur, Tamilnadu, India; Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigalaar of the Sri Agathiyar Sri Thava Murugar Gnana Peedham Thirukovil in Kallar, Kovai, Tamilnadu, India; and other publishers and publications. As I came across more hymns I included them too and the volume later expanded to become AGATHIYAR PUSAI or THE COMPLETE BOOK OF PRAISE TO AGATHIYAR that you now hold in your hands. This compilation of hymns is targeted for the non-Tamil speaking devotees so that they too can participate in singing the praise of the Sidhas by following the transliteration given and partake the bliss that is derived in singing the praise of Agathiyar and the Sidhas. These hymns are applicable to other deities too with the mere replacement of their names or namam as I have done in certain hymns (the substitute names are in brackets). 

It has been a mere ten years since I came to the path of the Siddhas. I consider myself still new to this path and still investigating it. I am grateful to the following people who had directly or indirectly helped me on this journey of sheer amazement. 
  • My parents, Avadaiyappa Chettiar and Valliammai and my siblings; 
  • My wife a devout devotee of Agathiyar who serves the sage unselfishly; 
  • My elder daughter who held steadfast faith in Agathiyar during trying times; 
  • My younger daughter who was the reason for me to come to the Siddha path due to her connections with Agathiyar in her last birth; 
  • Kannan of Kelana Computer Service Centre in Klang for providing me the Sakthi Tamil Font free of charge that has aided me in compiling this and other works in Tamil; 
  • Dr. Krishnan, friend, Siddha practitioner, and astrologer who made me aware of the existence of the Nadi; 
  • My colleague Muralitharan Saminathan who spoke about his experience reading the Nadi and pointed me to Sivabalan; 
  • Sivabalan of the Agathiyan Shelter in Malaysia who had brought in the Nadi Guru Senthilkumar from India; 
  • Nadi Guru Senthilkumar of Avinasi who spent much time in locating my relevant Nadi and who started me off on the path of the Siddha with prayers to the Siddhas; 
  • Nadi Guru T. Ramesh of the Sri Agastiar Sugar Nadi Jothida Nilaiyam who has faithfully been delivering Agathiyar’s message for me forty four times; 
  • Thavathiru Rangaraja Desiga Swamigal of the Agathiyar Sanmarga Sangam at Ongkarakudil, in Turaiyur, Tamilnadu who has been doing service to mankind by feeding the poor with contributions from his followers and who has been doing tavam for a long time now for the wellbeing of mankind;
  • Supramania Swami of Thiruvanamalai, my first guru, who revealed my mission and began working on me; 
  • Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal of the Sri Agathiyar Sri Thava Murugar Gnana Peedham Thirukovil in Kallar who took me in as a disciple and molded me further; 
  • And finally to the almighty Lord who chooses to shower his grace on this person and send his missionaries – Agathiyar, Ramalinga Adigal, Jeganathar, and the Siddhas, to save him from plunging further into ignorance. 
I would also like to thank all the authors and publishers from whose works I have sourced this compilation.
  • Anubhava Vilakka Pathirikaigal - Sri Agathiyar Sanmarga Sangam, Turaiyur – 2000 
  • Sugamaana Vaasiye Agatheesaraagum - Sri Agathiyar Sanmarga Sangam, Turaiyur – 2003 
  • Sidhargal Potri Thoguppu - Sri Agathiyar Sanmarga Sangam, Turaiyur - 2001 
  • Thirumula Devar Agatheesarai PuganthuSuvadi Moolam Aruliya Arutkavigal – Arul Gnana Aran Sirappu – Agathiyarin Arul Mooppu by Sri Agathiyar Sanmarga Sangam, Turaiyur 
  • Maagaan Pulipaani Sidhar Aasi Kaandam – Gnanigal Suvadi Moolam Aruliya Arul Vaakku - Sri Agathiyar Sanmarga Sangam, Turaiyur - 2003 
  • Gnanigal Aruliya Dhinasari Paaraayana Nool - Sri Agathiyar Sanmarga Sangam, Turaiyur - 2001 
  • Vallalaarum Brahma Gnana Sangamum - Pon Govindaswami, Bharath Book Biro, Chennai – 1985 
  • Thirumanthiram by Thirumular - Kaasi Thirumadam, Thirupananthaal – 2000 
  • Thirupugal Malar Maalai by Arunagiri Nathar - Giri Trading, Chennai – 2006 
  • Dhinasari Paaraayana Thiru Arutpa - Vallalaar Mandram, Sungai Petani, Malaysia – 1988 
  • Thiru Arutpa by Ramalinga Adigal - Ooran Adigal & Samara Sanmaarga Araichi Nilaiyam, Vadalur -1989 
  • Sidhargal Narpathenmar Periya Gnana Kovai - Thamarai Noolagam, Chennai - 1995 
  • Thiruvalluvar Gnana Vethiyaan by Thiruvalluvar - Thamarai Noolagam, Chennai - 1999 
  • Sidhargal Potri Thoguppu - Agatheesar Sanmaarga Thirusabai, Thirupur 
  • Sidhar Vallamai Audio CD - Rajkumar Swamigal & Sai Audio, Chennai 
  • Kaala Gnanam - Rajkumar Swamigal – 2001 
  • Guru Pujai - Veeramanidaasan Swamigal & Arulmigu Amman Pathipagam, Chennai -2005 
  • Sathiya Sidhargal - Vempathur Krishnan & Alangaar Publication – 1999 
  • Yugangal Kadanthu Vaalum Unnatha Kalai – K.Venkatraman & Vaanathi Pathipagam – 2007 
  • Manumurai Kanda Vaasagam Thiru Arutpa Urai Nadai Paguthi by Ramalinga Adigal - Thiru Arutprakaasa Vallalaar Deiva Nilaiyam, Vadalur – 2000 
  • Sidhargal Thathuvamum Yoga Neri Muraigalum Poondi Mahaan Varalaaru - K.R.Sivakanthan & Kalaga Veliyeedu – 2003 
  • Thiruvaasagam by Manickavasagar – Thiruvaavaduthurai Aadeenam – 1994 
  • Pathinathar Paadalgal - Manivaasagar Pathipagam – 1993 
  • Sidhargal Kanda Aavigal Virathum Mooligai Ragasiyangal – Jegaathaa 
  • Agathiyar Gnana Valikaathi Nool – V.M.Jayapalan & Sri Agathiyar Universal Trusts, Bangalore 
  • Sri Sri Agathiyar Upasana Sruthi – Sri Sri Agathiyar Upasana Sabha, Saavakkathu Paalaiyam 
  • Nakkira Devar Aruli Seitha Vinayagar Thiru Agaval 
  • Sri Sri Agathiyar Upasana Shruthi 
  • Sithargalukku Oru Samarpanam 
  • Kunangkudi Masthan Sahib Avargal Aruliya Agasthiyar Satagam
  • Agathiyar Perumaanin Pusai Muraigal - 
  • Agathiyar Gayathri Manthiram 

Agathiyar Pusai by Shanmugam Avadaiyappa