Wednesday 4 March 2015

HOW I CAME TO SUPRAMANIA SWAMI & TAVAYOGI

After completing my atonements or parikaram in India, I asked Devanthiran, my appointed driver, to see an astrologer. He points out to me that his uncle was one and was only staying eight kilometres from Thiruvannamalai. He drives me over to see his uncle. A small fragile man came to greet us. Devanthiran introduced me as a tourist from Malaysia who wanted to draw up his daughter's astrological chart. The Swami did not say a word but instead led us to his altar and prayed. He asked his son Ramajayam to bring out the almanacs and lay his deerskin. To my surprise he began to narrate about me. I cried and cried. Those were some lovely five hours I spent with him, all alone. Now I can relate to Nakirar's song in praise of Lord Vinayagar, where he mentions the moment of seclusion where the guru and disciple spent some cherished moments in bliss. He gave me a mantra Teecha. I had found my guru just as Agathiyar had mentioned in my Nadi reading.

Hence started a beautiful relationship until Swami went into samadhi on 7 February 2007, at an age of 76, and was laid to rests off the Girivalam path at Thiruvannamalai. On my second visit to India I read my Nadi to him. He was overjoyed and wanted to see the Nadi too, only to know about his demise from the mortal form. Although his wish did not materialize, he could state in advance, the exact date and time of his leaving, as discovered by Ramajayam after his samadhi, written by Swami in his diary.

His forty year wish to build a temple was, I believe, fulfilled although a Siddha had stopped us from carrying on further. An abandoned kudil stands now on this piece of land, a reminder of a wonderful soul who became my very first guru.

When Sentilkumar read my Nadi the very first time in 2003, he passed me a leaflet announcing the building of a temple for Agathiyar at Kallar in India by Thangarasan Adigal Adigal. I kept the leaflet. In 2005 Tavayogi arrives in Malaysia to officiate a branch. I make an appointment to meet him. Again the moment of seclusion was created for both guru and disciple to spend some time together. I told him I was asked to come to the Siddha path by Agathiyar in the Nadi. He had the branch to arrange for a mantra Teecha or initiation that evening. Both my wife and I, among eight others, were blessed to receive Teecha. Tavayogi points me to Nadi Nool Aasan Ramesh, when I told him I was asked to see the Nadi again at the age of 45, the same year. In that reading Agathiyar asked me to leave immediately and seek Teecha from Tavayogi. Both Tavayogi and I are surprised why again? Anyway he gave me Teecha immediately, in seclusion this time, and by touch.

Although my first trip to India in 2003 was planned carefully, taking into account all the temples I had to visit for the parikaram, I threw caution to the wind and I followed behind the heels of Tavayogi when he invited me over to his ashram. Literally speaking that was how he brought me places - all the Siddha caves, mountains, jungles, samadhis, and temples - I followed closely behind his heels least I should be left behind. Never for a moment did he turn around to check if I was following him. He moved around as if pulled by a force, and I had to keep pace with him. Imagine he was already seventy two then. Just before I left he gave me a breathing technique or Vasi Payarchi and another mantra Teecha. Earlier in Malaysia he had guided us on some asanas and breathing practises that Agathiyar tells me in the Nadi has to be treasured.

If Agathiyar started me on worship and rituals having instructed me to have his statue made and perform libation or abhisegam, Tavayogi instructed me to conduct the homam, a smaller scale of the yagam or yagna. In 2013 Tavayogi endorses all our efforts by honoring us with Agathiyar's Patharatchai or footwear and Vaasi kol or staff. Agathiyar through the Nadi reading, now more then fifty, has always praised us for our efforts too, however minute and even if not to par.