Tuesday 28 November 2017

BLESSINGS FOR A DEVOTEE

A disciple of Agathiyar wrote in the following piece carrying her experience of how Agathiyar came to her and has blessed her.
When someone is always by your side in all situations it makes us lead a happy and soulful life.
Another name for happiness and soulful life is Agathiyar grandpa.
He came to my life through my well wisher, my friend, a disciple of grandpa.
I pursue a Ph D degree now. I am staying in a hostel and I do have to take care of things alone. When I am caught up with tough situations, I feel very low. So my friend gave me the Nadi Sollum Kathaikal book and told me your problems are solved. I blinked and took it with me. 
Once I use to be very lazy and kept my room untidy with clothes and dust all over. When I started reading the book, I really want to change myself and cleaned my room thoroughly.
When I started to know him even more, I started calling him grandpa. I use to look at the image of him in the front cover of the book and use to talk to him for hours. I started visiting his temple in T-nagar, Chennai regularly and greet him with flowers. What a change in my life!
If I am hungry, I will get food by some means and if I can’t pay the semester fee, someone will help me pay it.
Even though I am doing PhD degree, my aim is to build a temple for grandpa in future. I belong to a non-hilly area where places like Cuddalore, Pondicherry, Villupuram and Chidambaram are present. Most of the people from that side didn’t know grandpa’s existence. So, I wish to build a temple over there and let people experience the real need of life. I couldn’t wait till I graduate and earn money to build it.
For now, I made a small temple in my room.
I made this temple one day after the other by waking up until brahma mugurtha. I took bath and welcomed him every day during that time. Then I will get some sleep as I woke up the whole night. When I closed my eyes itself a big black snake use to appear, sit next to me and I was so scared.
When the temple was built, I drew a picture of grandpa and made him with full of cotton as he is also so light hearted. I started to pray him daily and he also made surprise visits sometimes which can be felt and can’t be explained.
I was so curious that what he would think of my plan for the temple. My mother and I went to Kallar for having a Jeevanadi reading by Agathiyar sithar from Thavayogi ayya. In nadi, grandpa called me as daughter several times and told me that the snake was him who came every day. My eyes drown in a pool of water with happiness. At that time, I knew him for just 2 to 3 months only. I admired his compassion and prostrated before him. Even though it was not a real temple, he accepted my love towards him and visited me.

Whenever I was in need of him, he will appear in any form.
I am very attached to my cow which our family is having in Cuddalore. I see her as my daughter only. She became sick. She got fits and doctor told she won’t last a week. When my parents told this I cried a lot and stopped taking food. I became weak and use to pray to him. Her condition worsened. After a few days, I got a call from Thavayogi ayya. He told me, “I feel I want to speak with you. Is everything alright?” I cried a lot and said what happened to my cow. I asked him why grandpa is still waiting. Ayya said “You are thinking about your daughter and I am thinking of mine. She will be alright. Nothing will happen. You have to take care of yourself. Have food and stay healthy”. I knew who made him call. I thanked grandpa and left it to him. Next day my mother called and said the cow was completely alright and she was doing well.
What I learned from all the happenings is that he never fails and never lets his disciples down. He can be bounded only with our truthfulness and dedication towards him. Salutations to the great grandpa. He made me treat people with a smile and care even if I don’t like them. I am blessed to be one of his many daughters. Please pray for me and bless me that one day I should make a temple for real. Thank you all.