Wednesday 8 November 2017

LOOKING BACK

Just as the parents and teachers show us what are the possibilities in life that we can decide on regarding the choices in our education and career, a Guru comes around at the right time to show us what the possibilities are that we could do with our life to make it more meaningful.

On meeting Tavayogi for the very first time, he welcomed me to the Siddha path, since I told him Agathiyar had asked me come into it, and immediately showed me what he was doing with his life. He showed me photos of the numerous activities he was carrying out at his ashram. He had opened my heart and mind to include and bring others into my life that day. He arranged for my initiation the same evening. He invited me to come over to India and experience the ashram life. These were options and choices that I did not know existed till then and it was shown to me.

When I visited the Agathiyar Sanmarga Sangam in Ongkarakudil, Turaiyur, I was shown and was amazed at the extent of their commitment in feeding the poor. 

Agathiyar had invited me to his path some three years prior to meeting Tavayogi, when I saw the Nadi for the very first time. Once I set out to complete the parikaram he had another reading for me inviting me to his abodes, caves, hills, jungles, temples and samadhis. Tavayogi volunteered to take me along. It turned out to be a beautiful journey of discovery into the mysterious and mystical world of the Siddhas. Soon Agathiyar called me up for more readings, leading me accordingly, taking my capabilities and situation into consideration he soon brought me into conducting rituals, something that was alien to me till then. 

He had me commission his bronze statue at Swamimalai and had it flown over. He told me to chant his mantra and induce life into the piece of metal. I gathered family and friends but only managed 45,000 that day. He had asked for 100,000 chants. But he accepted whole heartedly our effort. Soon he came to stay and perform miracles. It was all new to me and my family. He brought his chosen children to AVM. With their coming we began to serve the unfortunate, distributing food parcels to the homeless, conducting medical camps and bringing life and joy besides appeasing the hunger of the starving poor. 

Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia (AVM), with Agathiyar Universal Mission (AUM) and its Pothigai Meals on Wheels programme, Thondu Seivom (TS) and Amudha Surabhi (AS) on the local front and Theydal Ulla Thenikalaai (TUT) from Chennai has come a long way over the pass years in serving people. 

The Guru has shown us a way to make our lives meaningful indeed.


TUT will carry out distribution of food in Velachery on Sunday.


Meanwhile TS and AS are on the streets of Kuala Lumpur tonight distributing buns and drinks to the homeless.