Tuesday 3 November 2020

ANBE SIVAM

The moments I spent with Tavayogi is still fresh in my mind. So are the moments I spent with Supramania Swami. These were rare gifts showered on me by the divine. As Adi Sankara says, “Only through God’s grace may we obtain the three rarest gifts: Human birth; the longing for liberation; and discipleship to an illumined teacher”, I am blessed to have all three. And it all began after I read my Nadi. Today I realize that the very first Nadi reading was a reminder to me of my previous connection with Agathiyar. Although it was not obvious to me then, in subsequent readings, he revealed this relationship. All he told me in the first reading was to worship Lord Ganapathy, Lord Shiva, the Siddhas, and him. I did as told without question, learning Siddha worship from books on them and those who walked the path before me. Agathiyar then sent Tavayogi to our shores to officially start me on the journey. The initiation he gave linked me to Agathiyar. I followed him back to his Kallar ashram a month after he left Malaysia for India. He took me on a pilgrimage to places related to Siddhas. I can never forget the sparkle in his eyes each time I was shown a miracle and I turned to him. That sparkle accompanied by the smile would confirm that what I saw was true. He taught me the rituals, that bridged both our worlds. The Siddhas came and moved amongst us. Although we could not see them we felt their presence in all our undertakings. Today they come through devotees to guide us further in the absence of my gurus in physical form. All these are possible by the grace of the gurus and the divine. They live forever in our hearts and in our memory. Their essence and teachings live in us. The guru's fame never fades. The flame that they lit is kept alive by the love for them. Eventually, we have come to realize that Love is God or "Anbe Sivam."