Saturday 21 November 2020

LET US BEGIN TODAY

This blog is about and revolves around the Siddhas. It is not to convert or convince another into the belief or path of the Siddhas. It is solely about an individual's experiences, though those seeking to know something regarding them might by chance find it within these pages.

When I was looking to know about the Siddhas, I was passed or pointed to books and other literature about the Siddhas that were too academic in nature. Furthermore, I could not understand their songs nor comprehend what was described in these books. It needed a guru in the physical form to expose us first to the path and bring us real-time experiences.  One could not possibly have them through reading books. Thinking that the books could fill me in further about them, I read all the books on the Siddhas that I could lay my hands on. But I could not comprehend, nor could I visualize or understand then.

I am grateful to Tavayogi for going the extra mile to bring me to the abodes of the Siddhas and places where he had meditated and lived before settling at Kallar.

I am grateful to Tavayogi and Agathiyar to get me started on rituals. We could not possibly visualize its benefits without actually doing these rituals. 

I am grateful to Tavayogi and Agathiyar for getting me to do charity. Only after we went to the ground and saw the hungry faces did the compassion in us grow. We would not possibly have felt it reading books. 

I am grateful to Tavayogi, Agathiyar, Patanjali, and Ramalinga Adigal for bringing us into Yoga. Only after putting Yoga into practice did we see the immense benefits that it brought onto us. This would not be achievable by merely looking at hours and hours of videos on it.

The Siddhas were very practical people. They hardly engaged in talk but rather wanted us to perform. These actions brought results that brought further understanding. Reading then about these subjects we could easily appreciate what is written, having had the experience.

Today I have come to understand that it's only when we experience things that we can relate to what the saints and elders have told us or written. Only after having the experience that we can correlate with the subject written. Hence the reason Agathiyar, Ramalinga Adigal, and Tavayogi got us to start on doing something without going into the details of it or the results. We shall eventually come to find out. It's then that they come around again to verify and confirm what we saw and realized, felt and experienced. Let us start gaining the experiences first before we seek an understanding. 

Give yourself up to the divine. Let the divine work in you. Enjoy the bliss that is encountered. Try to prolong these moments. These were the words I was given on this journey. Today I can link them to Sariyai, Kriyai, Yogam, and Gnanam respectively.