Thursday 14 January 2021

AGATHIYAR'S PLANS

It is very amazing when I look back at how Agathiyar moves the chess pieces when we come to his path, begin to worship him, and are willing to let him have an upper hand in all matters. This attitude and resolve will eventually lead to a state of total surrender as we figure out for ourselves and realize that he is the grandmaster.

This does not mean that we do not work nor lay down our tools in carrying out our daily chores and fulfilling our responsibilities. This does not mean that we wait for things to happen magically. Rather we see his mysterious hands in aligning and moving things his way, often in many subtle ways, and at times pretty obvious ways so that we see success in our "joint ventures" since he is a partner to it too now. These actions do not accumulate karma for he has a hand in it too. 

When I met Tavayogi in Malaysia for the very first time I mentioned to him that Agathiyar had asked me to come to the path of worship to the Siddhas some three years earlier in my very first general or Podhu Kaandam of my Nadi reading. He was delighted and told me to frequent his local chapter of his Agathiyar Gnana Peedham that he had come to officiate at Batu Caves. He also told me to read the chapter on my Gnana Kaandam from the Nadi pertaining to the spiritual path. When I told him that I did not know of any Nadi readers and that it was timely too that I read the Nadi again as instructed by Agathiyar to come back after three years, he pointed me to Nadi Guru T.Ramesh who apparently was in Malaysia then. 

After getting an appointment with him, Ramesh read my Aasi Kaandam instead. Agathiyar told me to get an initiation from Tavayogi the same night. I was surprised. When I left to see Tavayogi immediately he too was surprised because he had already initiated me, my wife, and another six seekers the same day I met him for the first time. He initiated me now one to one. In the reading on 15 August 2005, Agathiyar had mentioned the local Peedham where I shall learn further about the worship of Siddhas just as Tavayogi had told me on our initial meeting. But a surprise was in store for me. After I took heed of the Nadi reading and saw Tavayogi the same night without postponing the initiation to the following day or another moment or completely ignore his message, the reading was mysteriously erased just as we see in Bruce Geller's "Mission: Impossible" television and movie series. I only realized this when I reached home and played the audio recording on tape before going to sleep. After the introduction that lasted some 2 minutes the audio recording tapered into a hiss and what remained was the noise of an audiotape. I called up Ramesh immediately and pointed out that the recording was erased. He was taken aback informing that he had done a trial run to ascertain that it recorded. He asked me to drop by three days later. Agathiyar now referred to the erased reading and redirected me directly to Kallar Ashram rather than the local affiliate. And thus began my association with Tavayogi and his Kallar ashram.

When Suren planned an itinerary jointly with Jnana Jothiamma on the other side of the Indian ocean, planning to make several stops at numerous temples of fame, Agathiyar redirected him to Kallar and later the Pothigai hills instead. That was the time a Krishnan had posted news of a hike up the Pothigai hills to get the blessings of Agathiyar. I passed Suren the message who was now in Kallar. He brought the matter to Tavayogi who gave him his blessings to follow the group and passed him a pamphlet that a devotee who had returned from Pothigai had passed to Tavayogi. Suren saw himself follow the group hiking up the Pothigai hills to meet Agathiyar. Agathiyar later told Suren in the Jeeva Nadi reading read by Tavayogi that he had derailed his original plan and instead brought him to his abode at the peak of Pothigai hills.

When I planned to bring my family to Agasthiyampalli as our first stop after alighting at Trichy airport Tavayogi told me that it was a long journey and that it would be nightfall by the time we arrive at his Kallar ashram. I told him that I really wished to bring them to Agathiyar's temple at Agasthiyampalli that was the very first temple built by King Kuberan for Agathiyar at the beginning of the present Kali Yuga. Another important reason was that it was the very first spot where Agathiyar showered his grace by opening his left eye to watch us in his worn-out granite statue that had lost most of its details. This was also the exact image he made me commission a bronze statue of his to be done at Swamimalai and brought over to my home in Malaysia. So I thought that my family should see the original at Agasthiyampalli. But when I stepped on the Indian soil I changed my mind and instead opted to listen to my guru's words. We surprised Tavayogi at his Kallar ashram that evening instead of heading for Agasthyampalli. We could see his delight and cheer in seeing us at his ashram - arriving early! My love for the guru made me change my mind that day.

When my second daughter was given a long list of remedies or parikaram to be undertaken both in Malaysia and India after reading her Nadi, we carried out the ones to be done locally. As for those in India, I decided to call Tavayogi. He listened and replied that it was not necessary. I remained silent for several moments pondering whom should I listen to? Agathiyar or Tavayogi? Seeing my silence Tavayogi must have sensed my hesitance and wondering as to what to do. He continued after those moments of silence telling me to go ahead with the parikarams if it would satisfy me. I finally decided that my guru shall take care of my daughter's fate and destiny and opted to listen to my guru's words. I never proceeded with the parikarams. My daughter has since come under the watchful eyes of Agathiyar and Tavayogi. Recently Agathiyar pointed out that she would receive some good news as she ends her final semester at a local university. True to his words she has received an offer to participate in a student exchange program between her university and another in South Korea. Although this brought us much joy the current pandemic hovers over the realization of this possibility much like a dark cloud. We shall have to wait and see if it goes through.