Saturday 20 August 2022

A PURPOSEFUL LIFE

When most other paths are frozen in ice with sacred texts that are not to be questioned, the Siddha path is dynamic and fluid. When Tavayogi used to tell his audience to ask and to question, I realize now what he meant was to question the Siddha text. But people placed all sorts of personal questions before him except those related to their text. Like a river that flows and makes its way to the sea, the Siddha path too is pliable according to the lives and times of its followers. It is easily adaptable. It accommodates changes. The Siddha path is not a faith to be followed blindly. That is the reason Tavayogi did not lay rules and conditions. We were given ample freedom to practice it in whatsoever way that was comfortable to us. There is no hard and fast rule, no doctrine, codes of practice, etc. The practices he gave were merely a means to an end and could be dropped once proficiency in it was achieved and its results are seen. We were told to never be caught in the method and the way and never stagnate but to progress along the way as the river does. To ensure this they kept us on our feet giving us new tasks and practices. If Tavayogi chose to become a mendicant he did not lay the same rule on us. On the contrary, he asked me to bring my family into the fold too. Agathiyar too has on numerous occasions told us to reach him bringing the family along. 

When I drove Tavayogi to officiate an affiliate Peedham of his at a home of an individual who had gathered some 20 people for the purpose, Tavayogi told me to speak about the Siddhas. I told him how could I as I was new to the path too. But he cornered me to speak by announcing that I shall speak about them. When I told him that I had taken down the websites and the YouTube channel, he told me to let it be as people will benefit from it. When I thought of calling it a day and bringing the shutters down I received messages and emails from my readers and viewers telling me how they had benefited from reading and watching my post and videos. Agathiyar too has constantly told me to continue writing.

I am grateful to them. It is nice to know that you are wanted. They acknowledge your existence. They showed us a tiny part of their world and their practices, asking us to travel with them and put them into practice. We are grateful to be given a part in spreading the word and sharing our experiences. I guess this is my purpose here. For others, it might be something else. Find out and fulfill your purpose in coming here. Then you can return satisfied that you had done your job.