Friday 19 August 2022

NO COMMENT

Siddha and Samadhi are two words that are too common these days. There is much talk and coverage about them. Almost everyone equips himself with a camera and goes looking for one. The Tv networks are cashing in viewership ratings by airing anything that smells of Siddhas as if they were a commodity.

This too is a blog on the Siddhas. But I began to write on my own search for the Siddhas and not for any network or as a hobby or just to compete or close ranks with others. Neither did I fill my YouTube channel with footage of every Tom, Dick, and Harry who adorns the garb of a Siddha. I carried news and videos on our activities and visits. We did not dispense any teachings or doctrines. We shared what was told to us by the Siddhas and our gurus. Nothing more. 

What originally started as a documentation of my journey to India to carry out remedies, soon turned to write about my experiences in reading the Nadi. This was to counter the adverse views that many had about the Siddhas Nadi. I wanted to correct the prevailing negative views by explaining that it worked for me in my favor. Soon I began to share the wonderful moments I spent with my gurus Supramania Swami and Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal. I shared the puja and charity events we carried out on the instructions of our gurus and the Siddhas. This was all we wrote, spoke, and showed. We were strictly told by Agathiyar in the Nadi to uphold the truth and behave in a manner that brings honor and respect to both us and them. He told me at the very beginning of my journey itself that "நீ பெருமையுடன் வாழ்ந்தால் நான் பெருமையுடன் வாழ்வேன்" which means my lifestyle will reflect on him. In speaking about them and worshipping them, we become emissaries of them. So there is a need to take extra care and go that extra mile to ensure that their prestige and honor are safeguarded and that we don't do damage to their name.

In calling us to his path Agathiyar sent Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal to guide us further. He had several upagurus come by at the right moment to teach or show us a thing or two. He stood by us watching us closely and had Lord Murugan occasionally check on us too. He had Ramalinga Adigal, Thirumular, Bhogar, Kagabujandar, Patanjali, Sugabrahmar and Bhrigu come by either in the Nadi or speak to us through devotees. Such was his concern and care for us. Similarly, he expected us to do justice to their work. They would give us tasks as we traveled with them. They would monitor us and acknowledge our efforts. These Nadi readings kept us going. The guru kept us going. The miracles they showed us kept us going. Today we stand before them with pride just as they had wanted us to live with pride that we are the children of the Siddhas. So how can I leave my family and kin? How can I move into the streets? How can I beg for food? That is not what they desired for us. They don't even want us to serve them forever as an obedient servant and slave. They want us to move up the ranks and become their buddies and friend. Eventually, they want us to become one of them. They want us to join their ranks. We are trying our best to catch up with him. We are still travelers on the path. We don't know if we can complete the journey or drop out. We don't know if age and disease or illness catch up with us before we reach the finishing line. Most likely we would have to come back several times to work on it as Supramania Swami says we shall polish and keep polishing till it shines and Tavayogi says we will keep coming back till we get it right.

Writing this blog is a task that Agathiyar has given me. Even as I deactivated the blog and the YouTube channel, Tavayogi requested to let it be for someone shall benefit from it. Agathiyar keeps telling me to write. While he gives me the subject, the words, and sentences, I just type them in. I am surprised to read many of these posts later wondering if I had written them. Nay, it was him. That is the reason it sounds alien to me too. I am learning too by reading them. Reading it for myself I too wish I could follow whatever is written on these pages. I try to live by their conduct and wants. But it surely is difficult to upkeep their teachings, especially in these current times and in this society. I wish I could start a commune with like-minded devotees of Agathiyar living together. They could go to work and return home to this community. It would be so conducive for our worship and practice. We could gather and sing the praise of Agathiyar. Just imagine the air and the vibrancy that would prevail there. Osho's followers have done that in Oregon. My daughter asked me won't that become a cult then? As it is, it is tough living in a diverse society and trying to find peace and calm. No wonder the monks headed for the monasteries. The serene and peace that fills the monasteries is a privilege that we yearn for. Watching the documentary "India From Above", we are introduced to Mahant Bharatdas Darshandas, a 69-year-old priest of a temple that is "the only visible sign of human habitation for miles around" in Gir, Gujarat. He stays alone away from society "with only the wildlife as company." "His social interaction is limited to a house help and the occasional devotees who visit his forest temple bearing gifts. The priest's solitary is broken once every five years as he goes to vote."

The word Samadhi which is "Sama" with "Adhi" or merging with the source too has lost its sacredness. Looking around us we find gurus claiming to go into samadhi or their disciples making such a claim. Does samadhi happen after death? Should not it be achieved while living? Similarly, we watch the Sivapuranam sung at funerals. Was that the intent of Manickavasagar? Aren't we supposed to sing and achieve the state of Sivagathi while still alive? Yoga too is taught freely skipping the need to worship the Siddhas. Just as we need to give a token as Guru Dhakshan after reading the Nadi, showing our gratefulness to the Siddhas for having written and revealing our fate and destiny, we need to thank them for any practice or teaching given or passed on to us. This can be in the form of a token of appreciation or puja or worship.

Before we engage with the Siddhas we need to respect the lesser deities in the pantheon of Hindu Gods and Goddesses too for they are guardians and angels of both man and the Siddhas. Before we venture into the jungles seeking the abodes of the Siddhas we need to show our respect to these deities for we are entering their realm. Brush it off as superstitions but we have seen the outcome of showing disrespect to them and their abodes. 

Hinduism a name given to Sanatana Dharma is a complex web of belief and faith strengthened by worship and rituals that has been kept alive for ages. No wonder it is considered the longest surviving religion. As it is closely related to nature hence we see its followers engaged in worshipping stones, trees, reptiles, birds, animals, etc. The logical mind shall tend to brush it off as hocus-pocus but you have to be an ardent believer and follower to understand and follow its rituals and ways.