Tuesday 20 June 2023

BROKEN

Several of my friends were surprised to see that I was prepared to let Agathiyar in the form of the bronze statue at AVM go. Agathiyar had asked me to hand his statue over to Mahindren earlier. Meanwhile while awaiting the day he had asked that I bathe him daily with water. I have to thank my gurus who showed me by example the principle of non-attachment. Since day one when I met Tavayogi at a local affiliate Peedham of his he stopped me from falling at his feet and instead showed me to Agathiyar's feet. I took hold of Agathiyar's sandals and feet that were right by his side that day. 

Inviting him over to my home as many others invited him to grace their homes, I was elated at the thought of having a sadhu step into my home. I never had a visitation from any sages, saints, gurus, or masters until then. As I was immersed in extreme joy and verbally exhibited it, to my disappointment he doused the flame outright. It was a blow to me. I did not understand what had happened. What did I do wrong I asked myself. But I stood by him as Agathiyar had told me in my Nadi that he was my guru in the physical form. I am glad I stayed and never left. I am glad I heeded Agathiyar's words. It has paid in the long run. Tavayogi stopped me from worshipping his mortal form and frame and instead showed me to Agathiyar. 

Inviting me to his ashram and following Agathiyar's directive to spend a few days with him indeed as Agathiyar mentioned in the Nadi I learned to let go. It was my first lesson in letting go and in giving instead. When Suresh from Tiruvannamalai asked him about the Rudraksha bead that he had with him, Tavayogi gave his consent to wear it on him. Later turning to me he told me "We do not need them, my son". When he saw me wear a nine gem-studded gold ring on my finger he told me the same. Now revealing to him that I was also wearing a Rasamani on me he told the same that we did not need it. He broke my hold on my attachment to all accessories that I adored. 

When I got word of my first guru Supramania Swami's demise, I asked Tavayogi what I should do as a disciple of his, he told me to do nothing, and just to pray that his soul is placed in an elevated state. Agathiyar came in the Nadi later that week and revealed that it was true that Supramania Swami had attained samadhi and was placed in the right spot on the Girivalam route in Tiruvannamalai instead of his wish to be buried at his kudil. When Tavayogi and later my mother passed away it was pretty easy to let them go as I was prepared well by Tavayogi to let go of my hold and attachments even on my gurus and mother. I understood that the Siddhas break us first and reassemble us later.

So when Agathiyar tells me that he has to move house to work his wonders in Mahindren's home and attend to those who shall drop by there I was happy and accepted his wish to continue to serve his devotees further. I immediately packed his things and awaited his directive. He came and asked me what was the hurry. He tells me that he has to prepare both me and Mahindren first and asked me to be patient. When I told him that I was ready to leave too, he tells me that he has to execute certain things through me and asked that I be patient. Though the Siddhas are beyond time-space there is very little they can do for us but to have us wait its course as we are caught in the web of time and space and everything has its time and place.