Thursday 12 October 2023

GOING WAYBACK IN TIME 1

With "Wayback Machine" I managed to retrieve some pages from my earlier websites "indianheartbeat" that I had deactivated in the past.

http://indianheartbeat.20m.com/

Dec 27, 2001

Portrait of Saint Vallalar

The Thiruarutpa is a collection of songs composed by Saint Vallalar. Having taken a Divine birth as recent as the 19th century, Saint Vallalar, experienced and realized God. He saw God as Light ( Oli ). He worshipped God in the form of Light and eventually became the Light. He documented his experience and realization in the form of songs. These songs were later compiled and published as the Thiruarutpa.

Some of His songs were recorded and produced by the Bangalore Sanmarga Sangam, Karnataka, India, and made available in audio cassettes in Malaysia by the Sri Agasthiar Sanmarga Kurukulam, Batu Caves. The songs are beautifully and emotionally rendered by Thiru Malaiyur Sadasivam and Thirumathi Saroja Nadarajan.



These songs are made available in MP3 format by Thiru A Sivakumar of Singapore at Vallalar's Home Page and can be downloaded from http://www.vallalar.org. You can also learn more about the Saint at Arutjhoti Vallalar Mandram's Home Page http://www.vallalarorphanage.org.my. This site is maintained from Sg Petani, Kedah by Thiru V Krishnan & Thiru K Ramadass.

Here are a few songs from the Thiruarutpa for your reading.

Oct 14, 2007

TAVAYOGI IN MALAYSIA

Tavayogi arrived in Malaysia with his entourage of seventy-five Indian saints, learned pandits, professors, sidha doctors, and common folk on 24 May 2007. They were driven to the University of Malaya where the First Conference of Sidha Principles was to be held that evening. The moment I spotted Tavayogi alighting from the four-wheel drive, I hurried to him. Another disciple of his approached him too. He hugged both of us. Tavayogi moved aside to reveal Madam Sarojini or recently given the honarable title of Mataji. I held her hands and we both embarrassed ourselves. I told Tavayogi that I had wanted to go over to the airport but decided I would be of use at the university where preparations were being conducted for the seminar.

Earlier Ooran Adigal was driven in by his disciple in Malaysia, GN Supramaniam. As the Adigal alighted from the vehicle, I greeted him. I became the porter for the day by circumstances. The group of volunteers in charge of receiving the participants was nowhere to be seen. I carried Adigal’s luggage to his room and later had the privilege to serve him tea in his lodge. The rest of the entourage had arrived by now. I greeted them and assisted in carrying some of their luggage. I showed them their rooms and solved some tiny problems that they faced during checking-in.

Meanwhile, my wife and children were equally busy helping prepare the identity cards for the participants. I called them over to Adigal who on seeing them took out a packet of Vibhuti and blessed them. When Tavayogi arrived I called my family over to greet him too.

As we left for home around one in the afternoon, thinking we had assisted enough for the day, we met Tavayogi who was being chauffeured to the radio station for an interview, at the traffic lights. We greeted each other again while still in the car, and Tavayogi asked that we return in the evening to talk.



At 6 pm my family and I picked up my brother-in-law Arumugam who had just arrived from Ipoh to attend the conference. Tavayogi had gone to the airport to fetch a Vice-Chancelor from a university in India, we were told. Arumugam and I went to meet Uran Adigal who was in his lodge. I took the opportunity to get Adigal to autograph my copy of the Tiru Arutpa, the sixth canto, that he had published in 1982.

Later as Ooran Adigal came down for a walk I approached him to ask if he would like a drive to ‘Little India’ - Brickfields. This is a small township where everything Indian is available. Adigal consented. He talked about himself, his writings, his previous trips to Malaysia, etc. We came back to the university in time for dinner. Tavayogi was already back for dinner too. Tavayogi retired early that evening.

THE FIRST CONFERENCE OF SIDHA PRINCIPLES

25th May 2007 was the official opening of the First Conference Of Sidha Principles. As I parked my car and walked up the hill where the Convention Center was located with my brother-in-law Arumugam, my brother Kathi, and the Olai reader Ramesh, we spotted Tavayogi at the foyer of the Convention Center. We gave the traditional Indian salutations as we walked up the slope and he returned the salutations. We walked briskly to meet him. Upon reaching him, Kathi and Ramesh fell at his feet. I grasped his hands only to realize this was not Tavayogi. He was Swami Hindu from Ipoh. Tavayogi arrived at the Convention Center only later. All four of us were pretty sure that we saw Tavayogi a moment ago. We realized that Tavayogi had given us a vision that morning.

As I was having tea with Arumugam, Kathi, and Ramesh later at the open-air car park in front of the Convention Center, I spotted a squirrel on a tree nearby. A few minutes later that squirrel approached Kathi and started to sniff his feet. Then it did the same at my feet. I was surprised that it was friendly. Since it was friendly I bent down to pat it. Surprisingly it did not run away but instead allowed me to pat its back. Kathi then started patting it. It stood still. Then it moved on to another person.

As I came down after having my lunch that afternoon, I noticed Swami Omkaranandha standing alone in one corner. I took the opportunity to approach him and fell at his feet. He asked for my name, where I stayed, and if I had children. Shortly after that his disciples came and ushered him away.

On the final day of the convention, Kathi, my friend Murali, and I waited in the foyer to meet the swamis and bid them farewell. We meet Swami Omgaranandha, Mataji, and later Tavayogi in the Press Room. We invited Tavayogi to our homes.

Oct 21, 2008

I published several emails I had received.
  • Excellent work about Vinayagar Chaturthi. regards, .... Ireland
  • Dear Sir, I would very much like to meet a Siddhar based in Malaysia. Maybe one who is of the stature like Tavayogi. From your writings, it is clear that Tavayogi is well beyond the clutches of money, name, and fame. It can be seen from his simplicity of choosing a seat equal to all. There were numerous other mentions of his equanimity peppered throughout your writing about him. I thoroughly enjoyed and relished your writing of pilgrimages and meeting of your gurus. You are indeed fortunate and blessed. Nowadays even spirituality is mixed with money. Hence the jnanam Iraivan has given for free and out of love should not be sold,. This is our humble opinion. Many choose the vocation of gurudom and exploit the blind bakthi of the devotees. Many devotees also without deep thinking ascribe some spiritual experiences to the all-knowing guru. Truly a siddhan will make all feel equal before him and will not be party to this blessing business. I saw this in Tavayogi's declining of people worshipping his feet as per your article. For in truth, all are children of Iraivan only, be they in the ignorance of Mayai or the light of Vidyai. You have been such a help. But in truth, my quest is to meet a genuine Siddhar only. I look upon you as my brother to help me in this quest. Thank you, Yours sincerely, .....18/8/08
  • Dear Sir, How are you? I saw your good website depicting your spiritual adventures and Thavayogi. I also read about the nadi joshiyam and your adventures. It was a delight to read and I would like to thank you for taking your time and effort in sharing your spiritual journey. Truly it can be an inspiration. I saw that you have quoted nadi josiyam. I would like to know if everything is predicted in it? Does everyone have a nadi josiyam? I am residing in Ipoh. Is the Siddhar Agasthiyar organization available here? Or is there someone in the path residing here, for I would like to meet such a one and get some spiritual clarifications? I saw the posting on the Siddhar conference. I hope to attend the Siddhar conference if held again. Could you recommend any books on the subject of Siddhars in English, please? Unfortunately and quite regrettably I am not well versed in Tamil. Can I also ask you another favor? Would you be as kind and let me know of Tavayogi's future visit to Malaysia? I would like to very much meet him in person, for it is not my lot to visit at the moment. I have visited the land before but on a business trip. At the moment being preoccupied with my work, it is not feasible to travel anywhere. I hope this is not too much to ask. Ah..there is still one more thing. I saw in the site of a samadhi of a person Tavayogi visited in Chenderiang, Tapah. May I know who is the Jaganathar and precisely where is the location? Is he a siddhar? This is because I intend to visit the shrine. Thank you. I hope I have not inconvenienced you by taking much liberties to ask you all these questions and favors. Thank you again. Yours sincerely, ... 16/8/2008
  • Dear Sir, I really felt happy when I got your site through Google while searching for some information regarding spiritual places. I got many information from the site and thank you for sharing your experience with gurus. I prayed to the almighty to bless you to continue the spiritual service. OM NAMASHIVAYA. 
  • Thanks for the reply. I think your site is great and really enjoy the material and pictures. Does Thavayogi speak English?. Yes, I learned from Govindan. I was just up at the Ashram last week to see him and spend some time. Do you know Him? Thanks and if I can help you with bringing the teachings of the Siddhas to the West. I would be very glad to assist in any way. 
  • Hi, I'm interested in learning more about the Siddhas. Is there any way that I could study or learn from Thavayogi? I practice Kriya Yoga as taught by Marshall Govindan. I'm interested in both Siddha philosophy and practices. Any help would be very much appreciated. Currently, I'm in the US. I'm planning on spending extended time in India in 2008. Please send me some info. Thanks, ....
  • Dear Sir, I am learning astrology based on the Siddha System. I happened to see the website in which you mentioned that you are blessed with Agasthiyar Moola Manthiram. If so could you please let me know so that before I take the astrology book, I can tell that mantiram and then start so that I can learn the same in perfection. Regards.


  • Your experience with the Siddha Purushas is very interesting to read. I tried to open the book Andamum Pindamum but only blank pages returned. I downloaded and installed the fonts as well. Please advise what I should do. I live and work as a professional in Singapore. I look forward to reading more of your experiences and hearing about any divine information you could share with us. Best regards.
  • I live in the UK. I am planning a pilgrimage to visit some temples in the THIRUNEL VELI district. Please advise and help me to visit KALYAN TIRTHAM and other important shrines in the area. Both I and wife are elderly so we would like to minimize climbing and walking long distances. We hope to come during the first week of Dec 08. Many thanks. 
  • Dear Atma, My name is Komathy. I just returned from a miracle-filled pilgrimage of Arupadaiveedu etc with an enlightened Naga Baba. I have always looked upon Babaji as my invisible guide Angel. I would really like to share spiritual stories if possible. we too got the Abishega milk @ Palani...Looking forward to ur response. 
  • Hello, Sir, I am a Siddha doctor residing in Switzerland with my family. I came across your website and your experiences and was quite fascinated by it. Thank you for your email reply. I would also like to express that I was born in K.L. Malaysia and my mother and father and grandparents are from Malaysia. My mum still holds a Malaysian passport and she comes from Penang and all our relatives from my mother's side are there. I had been doing some research in Kolli Hills in the earlier days and now I take guided trips for people who are interested in Siddha medicine as a service. My husband is a vastu consultant and you can have details at http://www..........com. We were in Penang last year to attend my grandmother's funeral rites. Hope we can visit Malaysia and then we would maybe make contact with you.Thank you for the wonderful information. Dr...............
  • To Ayya Avargal, I am a Siddha doctor, living in Switzerland with my family and we plan to visit Courtallam and Pothegai hills in January with a group of Kriya yoga devotees who are also attached to the Siddha tradition and have great belief and respect in it. If there are any chances that we can meet you in Coourtallam during that period kindly let us know. I have been many times earlier to Kuttralam and Pothegai Hills, and have done my private research in Kolli Hills. We would be blessed to see you and have your blessings. If it is possible then kindly email me at the following email Thank you, then I will get back with the dates we will be in Kuttralam. Dr.....
  • Dear Avadaiyappa Shanmugam, Namaste. I give you permission to use selected passages from my book "Babaji and the 18 Siddha Kriya Yoga Tradition" as long as it includes a bibliographic reference to the same, including our website http://www.babaji.ca .You may find other more recent relevant material in my most recent book The Wisdom of Jesus and the Yoga Siddhas available from both our Indian and Canadian offices. M Govindan
  • Thanks for your prompt response. It was so kind of you to give Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal's contact details. I spoke to him. 
  • Dear Sir: After reading the writings I am very much interested in meeting the Tavayogi. Could you please let me know how I can do it? 
  • Dear Avadaiyappa Shanmugam, Thank you for your email of Sept 21. Please feel free to maintain the passages posted on your website. Yours in Bhagavan, V.S. Ramanan PRESIDENT
  • Aum Sri Sairama: Your site is well written. Where does Sri la Sri Supramania Swami / Thangarasu Swamigal reside? Pl advise by mail details of address and phone number. Thanks.
  • Pranam! I happened to read about your experience with "Sri Thavayogi" at various places and received the blessing of Siddhars. I hope you might have heard about "Sathuragiri". I have hosted a website specifically for Mahalingam Malai at Thaniparai near Srivilliputtur. If time permits visit the site and enjoy! The link is www.freewebs.com/agnilingam Pranams! Agnilingam.
  • When I went through the website, I heard the word Nadi, are you a Nadi predictor having chuvadis. I saw Nadi @ vaideeswaran koil one time. But I understand they use that as a money-making media rather than a service. I want to see my chuvadi, kindly guide me where I can get clear details. After I started firmly believing in a spiritual way, I thought everything happening as per our karma, everybody must undergo the karmic process. But I want to make some important decisions in my life. For that, I want guidance through chuvadi. Kindly give me guidance where I can get the right details. Thank you.NAMASHIVAYA.
  • Hi, I am enjoying all the songs that you have listed on this website. These are really good songs with so much melody. Please add more songs if you can. Thank you,
  • Dear Sirs, I am interested in getting the full version of Maharabharatam either in English or Malayalam in full. Thanks for your cooperation
  • I was surfing the internet and found your website. I have really enjoyed listening to some of the songs, especially the devotional ones dedicated to Vallalar. Some of them I learned as a child: ambalatharase..., aruljothi Deivam Yenai; and arulperunjothi. I come from Fiji. My dad who has now passed away, was the only person who was devoted to Ramalinga's teaching and had a handful of followers. My dad came from Thiruvarur. My mum is a Telugu who was born and raised in Fiji. Although my dad tried to teach us to read and write Tamil, we've never become very proficient. Because of where I come from, it was easier to speak Hindi and English. Thank you very much for putting on the website this collection of songs.
  • Dear Sir. In my daily prayers, I recite the mantras as in the 1st attachment. Daily I change the flowers placed for the Vinayagar statue. It's only on Friday that I clean the altar with manjal neer. Please let me if this practice is adequate. Thank You.....Singapore 
  • Dear Sir, I thank you for the immediate reply. May I have your clarification, please. I start the prayers by saying ..(various mantras...ed). Is this in order? I spent about 20 min doing the pooja before rushing (that's life in Singapore) to work. However, I seek spirituality and am in search of it. Please guide me.... Singapore 
  • Dear Sir, I have a Vinayagar statue at home. Please teach me how to conduct daily prayers including reciting the mantras and vinayagan kavasam. Thank you..... Singapore