Tuesday 31 October 2023

THE LORD'S GRACE

A reader from Chennai responded to a recent post.

"Hello, ayya I read ur recent post on Vairagya Ayya... I have a doubt... Can't we attain it through the experience of our karma or love from appa ayya? All these days I was thinking it is attainable."

I replied "Yes v can ma. love for him can move even the mountains. he shall rewrite our fate. v shall have a new destiny written n in which he gifts us vairagya to place the efforts initially and gifts the rewards of vairagya later."

In Paramahansa Yogananda's book "The Bhagavad Gita, God Talks with Arjuna" we are told that "The astrological stars of a person are nothing but an environment he himself has chosen by the karmic pattern he has fashioned by his past-life actions. According to his karmic pattern he is attracted to be reborn on earth at a given time that is favorable to the fulfillment of that pattern." "One is actually 'born' at the moment of conception when the soul enters the first cell of its new body. One's karmic pattern has already begun to unfold in that instant." Astrology is a way of finding out what one's past karma is, says the saint. From "Autobiography of a Yogi' we learn that "There are certain mechanical features in the law of karma which can be skillfully adjusted by the fingers of wisdom." Yogananda says, "Seeds of past karma cannot germinate if they are roasted in the divine fires of wisdom"... This is what the Siddhas do. They have us conduct the Yagna or Homam externally giving a tweak to the sluggish system and having it run at a faster rate and without hitches, hence optimizing us. "The Hindu masters of ancient times knew the art of worshiping with special fire ceremonies and vibratory chants by which they could invoke the manifestations of the angels of God" 

One should not merely rely on these magic fingers nor the items adorned though but equal effort has to be placed as Yogananda writes further, "He should say: 'Lord, I trust in Thee and know Thou canst help me, but I too will do my best to undo any wrong I have done.'.... Of course, applying the advice of saints, correctly practiced yoga meditation, affirmations, sincere prayer, correctly guided willpower, Japa, pujas, suitable diet, and judicious fasting are also especially beneficial practices to destroy karma, but these procedures require effort.......By a number of means - by prayer, by willpower, by yoga meditation, by consultation with saints, by use of astrological bangles - the adverse effects of past wrongs can be minimized or nullified."

Yogananda says, "What is to be does not necessarily have to be." "For guidance and support, it is far better to appeal to God and His angelic agents.....The highest way to create the right influences in one's life, the yogi's way is to commune with God. All stars bow down before the presence of God." 

In "Talks by Swami Paramatmananda", Mata Amirtanandamayi is said to have said, "A horoscope can be altered by God's resolve." Indeed the divine is at will to do just that if it chooses. Lord Muruga told me through the Nadi reading in 2018 that he had changed my fate. Even before that the predictions in my horoscope never happened. But that was a case of bad karma and curses that stood in the way depriving me of attaining them as I was to find out later.

We had read and heard numerous stories of how the divine made miracles and changed people's lives. They then gave back to others and society rather than do the same old things. They came back alive to carry out the divine's mission and work.

What is the point in extending someone's life if he was to go about doing the same routine, caring for his selfish self and family? Agathiyar told Tavayogi's daughter that her father had a greater mission in life than that of merely being a father to her. I guess I can show my gratefulness to all that the divine providence provided by hosting and penning this blog. Just as I am grateful a reader wrote in as I penned this blog mentioning her gratefulness to Agathiyar.

"I started as appas devotee. Simultaneously I was reading, enquiring too.  In my nadi appa told that love or compassion for others will make changes in you. the change happened in such a situation. But the fire was maybe my love for appa. above all, the ground on which all these happened was my state of RELIEF. Relief from my major materialistic concern in life. All these three were happening simultaneously and the change happened. Well, my doubt is this aiyya _ there was no EFFORT from my side. I can't even boast about my previous birth. I was so egoistic in that birth and made a sadhu run away from his place. Still appa shower some blessings in this birth. So is previous births punya or tava  an essential?  Maybe it's the truth. But isn't that idea/concept itself a hindrance on our way? You know what the real  EFFORT is . Pls share it with us too. What effort does make appa shower his grace?"

I answered her, "making the effort when told to do so and dropping it the very moment when directed. this will earn his grace."

Love for god changes many things. One has to walk the path to realize these changes take place. I was blessed to have Lord Shiva come in a dream in 1988 and stopped me from further questioning the happenings that took place to people I knew until the time the subject of karma was revealed much later, after some 14 years. I am blessed that Sethu at the office came along and introduced me to Ramalinga Adigal passing me a couple of cassettes of his songs the Tiruarutpa that mesmerized me the moment I heard it and had me wanting to listen to more of it. I scouted for the entire collection of his songs in ink, analog, and digital later. I am blessed to have Sethu show me the late Dr Krishnan a medical astrologer and Siddha physician who spoke about curses, karma, the Siddhas, and their Nadi for the very first time. I am grateful to the Dr. for etching Agathiyar's yantra to be worshipped and passing me his mantra to be chanted. I am grateful to Agathiyar and his message that came through Gopal Pillai who reached me through his disciple and my nephew Thayalan a year earlier which set the stage for me to receive my gurus, clearing the blocks within me in a very subtle manner. I am grateful to Muralitharan from my office who made the appointment for me to read the Nadi the very first time some 6 years after the Dr spoke about it. I am grateful to Agathiyar for helping me clear the blocks and obstacles that stood in my way of receiving the best in life, getting me to do Parikaram or remedies and Nadikku Dhanam, or pay homage to the Nadi. With the blocks cleared both external means and internally it was a smooth drive or rather walk down the lane with my gurus who took me places I never imagined I would track. I am grateful to Agathiyar for showing me to Supramania Swami of Tiruvannamalai and Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal of Kallar Ashram and continuing to guide me first through the Nadi and after 2019 coming through devotees. I am witness to the product of all this assistance in a timely manner that helped transform me. Will I make the mark? That is all in God's hands. As Tavayogi says we shall come back if we fail in the venture to know the light this time around and as Supramania Swami says we shall keep polishing till the light shines on us and no effort goes to waste, I can lay back and tell myself that at least I tried. 

Thanks to https://www.astrogems.com/yoga_masters.php for an informative article.