Friday 27 October 2023

THE SHOWERING Of GIFTS

Watching the movie "Bharathi" I tend to share the great poet's anger in many ways. But Agathiyar has asked that I refrain from anger as it would amount to the energies that had arisen in me returning to the lower chakras. It would be a wasted effort on his part to help me gain ground he added. He was stern about maintaining the energies in their rightful places. Mother Prapanjam too hushed me saying Shanti, Shanti, Shanti asking me to be at peace with myself and that she shall grant them in good time when I voiced my concern that all others reach the state of bliss that came to me by their grace. When I voiced my concern to Tavayogi who came through a devotee after his demise, that I found it difficult to bring others to this wonderful path of the Siddhas, he told me to let it be. He explained that not all were meant to track the path as many have come to live out and fulfill their desires carried from their past births and take up new desires in this birth. If otherwise I was angry at them for not recognizing a rare opportunity to gain freedom from the cycle of birth, I have since then backed off. Similarly, Agathiyar in bringing down the shutters on AVM, brought a halt to all forms of worship and charity and told me to move on and not wait for others to catch up for that would delay my journey. He added that henceforth the path was pretty narrow allowing only one to track at any one time. It made me wonder if that was true for no known saint is known to bring many with them on the final day of their emancipation. It was every man for himself. He had me go within. 

Just as it is only when you stand on high ground that you can see a larger picture, one has to arrive there to describe his joy in traveling the path. There is so much joy in me that words cannot describe and that I cannot put into writing. It has to be sensed and felt. I had told my wife at the very beginning of my solo worship to the Siddhas in 2002, that if only I could touch and pass on the joy I felt then, it has become a reality. These days the Siddhas come through devotees and hold our hands and pass on this joy. They ask us to immerse in the moment and connect with the Prapanjam that comes within breaking all boundaries. 

All these were possible with a simple chanting and recitation of their mantras and names. We have indeed traveled far on this path. Today they chose to be with us, guiding and looking after our affairs. Would you believe if I told you he sent people around to upgrade and beautify my home that became his garden or Agathiyar Vanam, and later took on the name Agathiyar Tapovanam and Gnana Kottam. Today he tells us that it is his temple, a Siddha temple. As I am penning this I hear someone call at the gate. It is a worker who wants to lay some premix and make good the entrance to my home. Amazing right? Ramalinga Adigal's words turned out to become true when he told us some time back that the more we shun all the gifts and handouts that they want to give us, the more the Prapanjam shall shower its grace and gifts on us.