Wednesday 17 June 2015

AGATHIYAR AT SWAMIMALAI PART 2











We at Agathiyar Vanam have always wondered why Agathiyar wanted his statue to be made in Swamimalai. 

When Agathiyar instructed me to have his statue done and install him at the Jegathguru Sri Raghavendra Swamigal Mritiga Brindavanam in Ipoh, he stipulated several requirements and specifications in the Nadi that I had to heed and follow. One of it was that the bronze statue of Agathiyar was to be made at Swamimalai.

If Agathiyar had not stated the 'schedule of compliance' that I had to conform to, I could have picked one from the shelf, although not all dealers stock the statue of Agathiyar. But as he was specific, I had no choice but to commission one. I asked friends who had dealings with India, friends sitting on temple committees and whoever that I thought could help, but none came to my aid.

Then an idea struck me, to try the net. So I surfed the net for manufacturers of bronze statues in Swamimalai. I e-mailed them. One person e-mailed me back asking what I wanted although I had given a very detailed description of my needs. Almost immediately I received a call from someone else from Swamimalai. He said he shall do it for me. And so Varadaraj of the Bronze Creative was commissioned to create Agathiyar. Varadaraj started work on Agathiyar and delivered Agathiyar in time for the Jayanthi celebrations at Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia in 2010.

But Agathiyar has since changed his mind and chose to stay at Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia for reasons only known to him. The Jegathguru Sri Raghavendra Swamigal Mritiga Brindavanam has been completed, with another devotee donating a statue of Agathiyar.

Varadaraj has since then made another 8 numbers of identical statues of Agathiyar for more Malaysians. Srimathi Vijayalakshmi Ravichandran of Chennai too had a statue of Agathiyar made by Varadaraj.

After this Nadi reading on 8 January 2009 where Agathiyar gave me specific instructions on how his statue was to be made, it was only recently that Agathiyar explains why he wanted his image made in Swamimalai. This was revealed in Jnana Jyothiamma's Jeeva Nadi reading. We are blessed to hear Agathiyar's revelation about Lord Muruga's wish, Lobha Ma's wish, and his wish too besides enlightening us on the significance of Swamimalai and the Kaveri River and the reason for Agathiyar to be made in the form as in Swamimalai. We are all  blessed to have Agathiyar come over to Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia.