Friday 14 July 2017

AVM IN THE EYES OF AGATHIYAR

A first time visitor to AVM who was invited to join the prayers at AVM held specifically in conjunction with Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal and Mataji Sarojini Ammaiyar's visit to AVM in June of last year asked my wife what was different now since my wife came to the worship of the Siddhas? 

I came to worship the Siddhas without any idea who they were. The very first time I heard the name mentioned was by Dr Krishnan. He asked me to see the Nadi, that could tell about us. Six years later I read the Nadi in Malaysia. Agathiyar asked me to come to the path of the Siddhas. He asked me to worship the Siddhas, besides Lord Ganapathy, Lord Shiva and him. That is how my journey started.

When I came to search for centers linked to the worship of Siddhas, some 15 years back, I did find several places scattered all over, run exclusively by a select few for a select few. When I researched about the Siddha path in Malaysia, I did not receive good reviews nor positive news from the public, on the contrary it was discouraging. I made a resolve to clear the air about the tarnished image of Siddhas created in the minds of the public, due to restrictions, conditions and practices of my forerunners.

Agathiyar then brought me to two wonderful gurus, Supramania Swami of Tiruvannamalai and Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal of Kallar Ashram. Tavayogi asked me to bring my family into the path too. Hence my family too came into the worship of the Siddhas.

After 15 years on his path, Agathiyar blesses us with a Nadi reading in 27 November of 2016, just weeks before AVM family left for India to participate in the Annual Agathiyar Jayanthi and Guru Puja at Tavayogi's Kallar Ashram. That year was special because the festival was held at the new premises of the Kallar Ashram.

Agathiyar summarizes the 15 years beautifully in that reading, the last Nadi reading to date, for me. Since then he has shared about AVM in the Nadi readings of other AVM family members.

This reading explains what we have gained through the worship of the Siddhas, and where it has led us. Agathiyar says he has come to stay at AVM, because of the continuous prayers and asked us not to move him anymore. People shall visit him at AVM instead, in future, he added.

My wife, children and the AVM family have his blessings, he says, for their unselfish deeds and service to Agathiyar. Lord Muruga too blesses all at AVM. He builds confidence in us to continue our prayers, rituals and service through his blessings. He says doing service is sufficient to gain Siddhi and Mukthi.

He is happy to be in Malaysia and assures its people that all good shall come to them.

He extols the greatness of the Siddha path. Agathiyar has asked to continue with his annual festival or vizha at AVM.