Friday 28 July 2017

WORKING WITH PRAPANCHAM

The Siddhas had control over mind and matter, or rather worked in tandem with prapancham and nature.

It is said that when Agathiyar walked in the woods, the trees and plants would sway towards him with respect and go on to narrate their use and worth, to the Maha Muni in detail. He gathered all these knowledge and wrote treatises on them. Agathiyar got the prapancham to work for him.

And so he brought Tavayogi to perform the Yagna or Yagam for the well being of all of creation. Tavayogi went on to hold the Sarva Dosa Nivarana Maha Yagam as an annual event in conjunction with Agathiyar's Jayanthi and Guru Puja. Tavayogi told me its purpose was to reduce the wrath of mother nature who lashed us with both extremes, drought and floods.

Tavayogi asked me to conduct a similar prayer but on a smaller and modest scale in my home simultaneously. I began to perform the homam in the confines of my home. Later Agathiyar brought children of his to join me and my family in these prayers. Agathiyar explained to me the reason and purpose for asking me to carry out the homam. Again, it was for the good of prapancham, he told me.

Agathiyar brought AVM family to perform simple yogic practices along the way. He took us on a path of bakthi or devotion, tavam or tapas, and dhanam or charity. As we surrendered to him both our actions and the results, I saw where he was leading us. He was bringing us to work with the prapancham. He told me that he was the prapancham, he was in it and that it was in him. I realized that he was working in us and through us, executing carefully his well laid plans for humanity. Soon I realized every single task, fell into place and was accomplished easily and perfectly. Every desire began to take shape and became fruitful. I was amazed to see prapancham work in our favor now.

Let us follow the dictates of Agathiyar for a better world. Let us join Agathiyar in healing and bringing new life to this prapancham, wounded and hurt by the actions of mankind. Let us come together in prayer to heal Mother Earth.