Saturday 10 August 2024

FOLLOWING AGATHIYAR

When "realized men" choose to avoid society, the Siddhas opted to show the way for others to follow. Thus Tavayogi was tasked to set up an ashram in Kallar after his last leg of traveling through the length and breadth of India brought him to Sathuragiri. Even before the ink had dried he was given a mission to spread the path to souls residing in Malaysia. He came to our shores "blind and alien" in 2004. He left subsequently after giving a couple of discourses in temples. He returned the following year on the invitation of a devotee to officiate a local affiliate of his Kallar Ashram in Batu Caves. That is when I met him and a wonderful relationship blossomed and the bond was cemented. 

Today Agathiyar wants me to continue the tradition at AVM. He fears this path and its teachings will disappear if no action is taken to sustain it. He voiced his concern to us in February of this year. 


Such is their love towards humanity and to see man achieve what they did and attained. In a Nadi reading many years back, giving me practices he pointed out that he was only giving those that they did and which worked out for them. 

It is said that the Siddhas approached Lord Brahma and voiced a similar concern to him in the days of the past. Velayutham Karthikeyan Aiya, who was the admin and author behind the blog Siththan Arul reveals this in his blog. Karthikeyan Aiya’s blog entry brings us back to time immemorial when the Siddhas, being compassionate and kind, put forward to God or Erai as Agathiyar wishes to address, their wishes for humanity. 

The Siddhas had wished that whoever seeks them out for solutions to their problems and surrenders to them, shall be pardoned for their past deeds, however bad and evil they may be, and shall not be put through the trial and tribulations and made to face the consequences but instead be saved. 

As Agathiyar did not give up on his devotees and insisted that Lord Brahma change their fate, it is written that Brahma asked him, 

"You are asking me to go easy on too many devotees. It would take not less than 10 years to seek out their Nadi or Olai Suvadi and make changes to their fate. If you keep on recommending that I save them by changing their fate, who is going to pay back for their deeds and karma. Do we not need to punish them for their karma." 

Brahma goes on to add that he cannot stop the incident from happening but can reduce the repercussions or effects as a result of that event. Agathiyar pleads to Brahma telling him that he believes all should be saved, and that their fate should be changed. He suggests that Brahma increase his workforce so that these changes could be hastened. Agathiyar humbly requests that Brahma change the karma of all those who came seeking him (Agathiyar) as he had given his word to them. He seeks Brahma's word of promise that he would not harm any of his devotees.

When Erai granted the Siddhas this wish, the next instant the Siddhas wrote down: the reasons for each individual’s sufferings; listed out solutions and remedies; and showed ways and means to overcome or end the seeker's problems, sins, diseases, illnesses, and sufferings. They wrote them in Tamil prose on dried palm leaves. These writings came to be known as the Nadi. 

Karthikeyan Aiya adds that one has to seek out the Siddhas to solve his problems. The Nadi has been written by Siddhas for us to know about our past, the present, and the future. Many have corrected their lifestyle after listening to the explanations, heeding the instructions, and carrying out atonement. Many more had regained their health and peace of mind.

“The Siddhas are those who knew the past, present, and the future. They were gnosis. The Siddhas were similar to a company’s secretary. The Siddhas were God’s messengers. When those who had prayed to God and had yet to receive God’s blessings, approached the Siddhas instead, they immediately received God’s blessings.”

Just as Ramalinga Adigal reveals in his Arutpa that the divine passed on his staff of authority to him, Agathiyar who was in the good books of the Trinity received their powers too. Karthikeyan Aiya wrote about the blessings that Agathiyar had received from Lord Shiva, Lord Brahma, and Lord Vishnu. Velayutham Karthikeyan Aiya's post on Thursday 12 September 2013 sheds many truths about Agathiyar. Agathiyar had graciously revealed in 2009 to Karthikeyan Aiya's friend, the famed Jeeva Nadi Guru of Chennai who had the Jeeva Nadi in his possession. Agathiyar says that 

"Lord Brahma on his behalf surrendered all the knowledge of his (Brahma's) creation to me. Lord Brahma granted that if I wished so, I could change the fate and destiny of all those who were dumb and not knowledgeable, of unsatisfactory health, mentally retarded, lame, paralyzed, deaf and dumb, and blind, all created by Lord Brahma for various reasons known only to him (Brahma)."

"I had taken the Avatar Lord Murugan as my guru. Lord Shiva has handed over 75% of his authority to me. Lord Vishnu has given all of his authority blessing me to conduct myself on his behalf. Thus I have been given all the powers of Lord Vishnu. This was the day I received this gift from Lord Vishnu. So many happenings have taken place. So many miracles have taken place on the face of this earth. How many know about these?",

questions Agathiyar. He continues, 

"I have seen many talk without knowing the history. I have seen in the past 4000 years. That's the reason I speak out. I had meditated for 4000 years and have seen many pralayams or Great Deluge. Only two have seen pralayams to date. Kagapujandar and me."

The particular day he speaks of was Saturday, 31.10.2009, the day these magical moments in time were revealed in a Nadi reading at Kaarkodaganallur temple. The Jeeva Nadi Guru had been asked by Agathiyar numerous times to go to various places where Agathiyar would then reveal certain things to him. The Jeeva Nadi Guru would follow Agathiyar's instruction without knowing the reasons for Agathiyar's directive. Once there what followed would truly be amazing. Agathiyar reveals that he had come around this temple for the past 6000 years. "This place was a garden paradise 1747 years ago. Sidhas, Munis, Maga Munis, and Muni Pungavar all converged here to worship the Lord."

It comes as no surprise that Tavayogi told me that he was a very old soul who came back for us. Many at AVM had known Tavayogi and Mataji in previous births too. Agathiyar tells me that he has known me for ages too. In all those births I had picked up some bits of Gnanam to arrive where I am today. He announced to others on our 60th wedding day that we have come to worship and carry him in our hearts at this very moment. We are grateful to him. Indeed he is my heart and soul. 

When I searched around visiting existing establishments in the name of Agathiyar to learn about the worship of the Siddhas, I did not find one. I was disappointed. They were engaged solely in doing charity or Jothi Vazhipaadu. However, I was blessed to purchase books and video CDs from these venues that served as a guide. I shopped around for more books on Siddhas. I did not leave it at that but I began to compile them for my personal home puja. This came to be "A Compendium of Songs in Praise of Siddhas". 


But seeing that there was a mad rush out there and people could not spend long hours reciting these songs, I came up with a handy book "The 24 Minute Siddha Puja".


Later when the deities and Siddhas personally came and conducted the Siddha puja we saw that it was done in a jiffy as opposed to the long hours we took. We at AVM followed suit learning from them to execute them swiftly within minutes. Proposing these measures to the heads of establishments whom I met later, I found that they were reluctant and feared to go against time-held tradition and what was enforced by their gurus. I left it at that. But we at AVM continued with what was shown by the Siddhas bringing the much-needed change in present times.

And so when Agathiyar in my first Nadi reading in 2002 asked me to build him a temple and Lord Murugan too joined the bandwagon in 2018 asking for one too, the latter told me that I would do it differently. I wondered how different could I show him? I would only know if it gets off the ground. 

When Agathiyar offered to gift me a Nadi for my use and others I turned it down as I did all the rest of the gifts and rewards that came my way. When Agathiyar began to heal some strangers whom he brought over to AVM we were rather uptight. But he tells me asking me where would I go if he were to shut his ears to my asking and pleadings. We gave in to him carrying out his lilas or divine play. If all these were alien to us and were only taking place at AVM, he surprised both me and my wife by throwing a bash and carrying out our 60th wedding last Guru Purnima. This is how much a part of the family he has come to be over the years: From Erai or God, to Parents, to Guru, and as a Companion.

And it all started with his worship and following his dictates.