Sunday 11 August 2024

SUBTLE TEACHINGS

The world is not real and it is an illusion we are told. It is all Maya. Tavayogi on the onset told me that I was living in a world of Maya when I was on cloud nine having received him in my home for the very first time. The Arunachala hill, a mere rock to many, including me, was a fiery hill to my guru Supramania Swami. He had designed his kudil, leaving an opening to have a grand view of the hill from his bedside in his living room. But when I was there in 2005, he had covered the window with a gunny sack. Enquiring the reason he told me that he could not bring himself to see the hill for it was a hill of fire. The same hill that is a formation from a rock outcrop to us was a hollow hill with green meadows and plains to Bhagawan Ramana. He had the opening in the hill closed after seeing this. A song of Saint Avvai in praise of Lord Ganapathy which was a prayer recited before him as a kid, came to reveal herbs and medicine when Dr.Bhani took up Siddha medicine. When he took Yogi Ramaiah as his guru, it turned to become a song of Gnanam. 

Mentioning to Mahindren when he came over a couple of days ago, I wished that I had taken up Agathiyar's offer to grant me a Nadi for my use and others too, not to look into it for our daily needs and problems, but to ask of Agathiyar all the hidden secrets in life and creation and have them transcribed and published as a book for all to know. No sooner did I speak this, Agathiyar came yesterday and told me all the bookish knowledge even those that carry his words, advice, practices, methods, and ways would not benefit us in any way. One has to walk the path trodden by the Siddhas to realize Gnanam. Experience translates as Gnanam he said. He reminded me of how Tavayogi "taught" me not by schooling and holding classes but by taking me on an adventure into the forest and how Agathiyar "schooled" me by having me dive into unexpected and unknown experiences that shaped me into what I am today. He asked me how I interpreted Ramalinga Adigal's Arutpa in the initial years of listening to it and now after having seen and experienced the song and his words. 

If he had told me some time back that he would make me a guru, asking me to initiate a couple of seekers, and when I turned it down he came to carry it out, yesterday he stated the same. I was stunned. Since I had rejected all his offers before, I decided to give in this time to his wishes. I told him to do as he pleased. He immediately intercepted telling me, "No, I shall not make you a guru but a Siddha instead!" He added that the position of a guru would corrupt me too. Arrogance shall set in. He did not want that for me. I was pleased beyond words and thanked him soulfully. He had subtly pointed out to me that Siddhas can be gurus as Agathiyar is, but not all gurus can become Siddhas.