Friday 21 January 2022

DROP THE GUILT

Many had come to Tavayogi when he was visiting Malaysia and after the formalities opened up about their problems and troubles. He would listen patiently and when they end their story he would tell them that their sufferings were due to their past karma. I used to sit by him and watch. For some, he would show them to the Nadi. For others, he would show them to the worship of the Siddhas. For yet others, he would refrain from consoling them, letting fate take its course. Why is the approach different? Why is there not a common formula for all seekers? I have begun to piece the puzzle together. Sending someone to read his Nadi, with the cat out of the bag, there is the hope that he would understand the reasons behind his suffering and turn over a new leaf at least in this life. It is hoped that he would take heed of the words of the Siddhas and take the initiative to end his suffering by rectifying and modifying the effects of his past deeds or karma that has come to stalk him now, by countering them with positive moves and gaining merits. He learns about his past, present, and future and his purpose here. The other who is shown the path of worship does not stop at settling his past score but moves to ensure that he does not create fresh karma. He takes the hand of the Siddhas to show the means and the way to escape from the clutches of karma forever. The last is left alone to fend for himself, exhaust his desires and also his karma. 

My friend had shared with me in 2002, his experience in reading his Nadi two years back. My interest to know my Nadi was rekindled by him. I had first heard about it in 1996 from Dr.Krishnan whom I frequented for my horoscope reading and Siddha medicines. But it did not move me to want to see the Siddha's Nadi to find out if I was cursed for none of the Dr.'s prediction came true for me. He had explained that these curses stood in my way and derailed the predictions that were in store for me. So in 2002 when my friend spoke about his experience I was thrilled to the core. I asked if I could see mine. He made a couple of calls and fixed an appointment for me. So too did I stand before him wanting the experience in reading the Nadi. Agathiyar in adressing me undressed me as he revealed my shameful past. I stood naked before him. He seemed to know the past, present and future. I was overwhelmed and baffled. I sat in awe and listened intently taking in each word he spoke. It was the Gospel to me. I had in my hands the blueprint of my life. Now I could construct my home accordingly to what was predicted or in construction terms the working drawing. On completion this drawing becomes the As-built drawing with minor changes if there are any. I had the option too to throw away the working drawing and design my own life, continuing with giving in to my desires, wants, needs and aspirations. Agathiyar just laid the blueprint before me and never compelled me to follow. Though it seems like it is what it is, we were soon to learn that our life's journey was never carved in stone. Things could and do change by the grace of the divine. For that we need to go nearer to him. Hence the Siddhas drew up a path, placing signposts and milestones along the way. They had gurus and upagurus show up at the right moment. 

Agathiyar though he revealed my dark past, never regarded it as a sin. On the contrary, in my second reading he revealed that I needed those experiences too. What's more he admitted that he had staged the show and that it was all his doing. He took on the blame. He removed the guilt from me. He made me drop my madness and anger towards the gods for bringing untold sufferings to their devotees too as admited by Goddess Ma to her devotee many years back. I understand his wife and he had to have the bitter experience too for their soul to evolve.

In "The Little Soul and the Sun" by Neale Donald Walsch, published by Hampton Roads Publishing Company, 1998, we see a Little Soul ask God to experience what he already was, the Light. "Knowing who it was was not enough" for him. He wanted to be it. He told God, "I want to feel what it is like to be the Light."

God tells him, "There is no easy way for you to experience yourself as who you are, since there is nothing that you are not." Got it? The Little Soul too went, "Huh?" He too was confused now.

Then God said, "Since you cannot see yourself as the Light when you are in the Light, we'll surround you with darkness." He continued, "in order to experience anything at all, the exact opposite of it will appear" and he went on to explain the opposites of things. Giving him a list of ways he could be special and having the Little Soul add on to it, the Little Soul chooses the part where he gets to forgive. But as God made everything perfect, how was someone to do harm on him so that he could forgive him? A Friendly Soul steps forward to help the Little Soul realize the experience, telling him that they had been together previously too. But the Friendly Soul had to make a sacrifice in wanting to help the Little Soul. He has to slow down his vibration to a speed where his bright Light becomes dark and dense making himself heavy so that he could bring himself to do a bad thing. The Little Soul promised that he will remember the Friendly Soul, and thanked him for bringing him the chance to experience himself as who he was. I guess Agathiyar too came as numerous people in my life and gave me the experiences that I desired to have.