Tuesday 4 January 2022

LET IT GO; LET IT BE

If initially after coming to the path I was wondering and at many a time angry too as to why others could not see through the veil and step into the path too, Tavayogi steps in to tell me recently to let them be. His reason was that they have to live out their desires. Otherwise, it shall follow them. "Some take a birth merely to see through their worldly desires and yearnings. They need to fulfill these. Let them be. Otherwise, the karma shall follow till it is exhausted", he said.

சில மனிதர்களின் பிறப்பு அவர் இச்சைகாக, ஆசைக்காக. அவன் ஆசைகாகப் பிறந்தான். ஆசையில் திளைத்து விட்டு முடித்து விடுவான். அவன் போக்கில் விட்டு விடு. இல்லாவிட்டால் வினை தொடர்ந்து கொண்டே வரும். 

Agathiyar too had mentioned of someone's dad telling her that he took this birth to fulfill his desires. She was asked to fulfill his last desires even that of wanting to eat fish. This did surprise us back then, as know that the Siddhas generally want us to take satvic food. But later we knew that this is only essential for those who want to bring a total transformation within them. As the saying goes we are what we eat, indeed the food we take goes towards the formation of new cells and provides energy. The Siddhas made exceptions in the cases of certain devotees. This is often a temporary measure. But they do not insist it on the general public as the desires in them for tamasic and rajasic food has to be exhausted too.

When Tavayogi spoke about the receptiveness of people to certain teachings, he classified them as having the nature of petrol, charcoal, and peat. Petrol catches fire easily. Charcoal if fanned will catch on and burn well. Peat fires may burn for great lengths of time, or smolder underground and reignite later when the wind blows. If Tavayogi spoke about the three kinds of people namely those who ignite immediately; those who catch fire when fanned and those who turn away, I was surprised to learn that Bhagawan Ramana too has distinguished them similarly. He associates them with gunpowder, charcoal, and wet coal. Recently I came across this distinction used again in the documentary movie "Samadhi - The Pathless Path",
"Some like dry wood need just a spark to light up. Others require more preparation as in wet wood that needs some time to dry out before they ignite. They need teachings, practices to loosen the bonds of the self structure to become free of samskaras."
Annie Besant in her talks on "The Laws of the Higher Life", the Theosophical Publishing House, 1903, draws two distinct divisions to people and their brains. The coarser vibrations of the lower world and those adapted to it are one. The other are those who are in the front of evolution and of a subtler nature. 

Has my acceptance of others and my tolerance levels improved after knowing the reasons for their behavior and the way they are?

If once I could not stomach people who just can't seem to come out of the rut, now I too have come to accept their place, role, and purpose.  I have begun to understand that there are men who come with a purpose. And then there are others who came to live their desires. Those who came with a purpose leave their mark on the face of the earth often bringing desirable changes that are uplifting and of benefit to mankind and the world at large. The other sector is not concerned with others but lives their life desires to the fullest. But both are happy with what they do. This is pretty obvious as we look around us. Anger has changed to sympathy and acceptance. All the words of the Siddhas, the Saints, Tavayogi and Mataji make sense now. Agathiyar had on numerous occasions told me to drop my anger. Tavayogi had asked me not to get emotionally upset. Mataji had asked me to develop tolerance. I understand that we can only pray that God makes them realize the futility of living selfish life and turn over a new leaf. 

If in the initial days of coming to the path I was pretty excited in sharing my journey to those who dropped by my home after reading my blog and wanted to hear from the horse's mouth these days I show them the blog and ask that they read every post. I tell them it is all there. These days I prefer to focus and spend my energy in writing my thoughts rather than speaking to others. I find that people generally find it difficult to engage themselves in listening fully. They are ever too eager to exhibit their knowledge and learning, popping questions often cornering us. They most often come to validate their knowledge not coming as an open book. No amount of talk will bring a change because they are caught in their opinions.

I was a pretty good listener in the presence of my gurus. I never had any questions. Only these days I occasionally ask Agathiyar, Ramalinga Adigal, and Tavayogi when they come by, some questions pertinent to me and useful for my further advancement. I never questioned the future for I know it shall unfold beautifully as we have come under their surveillance. But most of the time they come to deliver a thing or two without we asking. We then listen intently and apply it immediately. I never delayed any of their requests or instructions since Agathiyar says things done immediately when told shall bring instant results and success. If we take our time what is told shall never happen. 

These are the few keys to success in getting connected to the Siddhas that I can share with readers. As for me, I have learned to "Let it Go" and "Let it Be". In the former, I have learned to let go of my attachment to people and things and try to remain detached. In the latter, I have learned to let others be themselves too.