Friday 14 January 2022

AWAITING THE SAID TRANSFORMATION

When Agathiyar asked me to come over to India I took the flight and arrived in Chennai in 2003. It was my maiden journey to India. Dhakshanamurthy, the travel agent in Malaysia insisted that I visit Tirupathi. After returning having a beautiful darshan of Lord Venkateswara, I waited for Agathiyar at the hotel. He told me that he shall meet me once I was in India. He was not to be seen. I began to cry telling him that I had arrived following his directive but where was he? I guess I slept off crying myself to sleep. Then the journey started the next morning with me settling all the parikaram he gave, carrying out puja, rituals, and charity, and meeting my guru in the days that followed. When I read the Gnana Kaandam of the Nadi, Agathiyar asked me to go over to all the five temples related to Lord Shiva. 

  • Kalahasti temple, Kalahasti, (Air)
  • Thillai Natarajar Temple, Chidambaram, (Ether or Space)
  • Jambukeshwarar Temple, Thiruvanaikaval, (Water)
  • Ekambareswarar Temple, Kanchipuram, (Earth) and
  • Arunachaleswara Temple, Tiruvannamalai, (Fire)
Recently Agathiyar told us to learn about the 96 tattvas. As the five primary elements of Air, Ether, Water, Earth, Fire that are part of these tattvas are represented in the above-mentioned temples, I realized he had me physically enter these temples before confronting these elements within the body. Would I be wrong to state that the Annamaya kosam that is the body made of the five elements is the temple; The Pranamaya kosam is the network of Water, Air, and Fire; The Manomaya kosam and Vignanamaya kosam is Space? Going beyond losing our hold on these elements, one steps into the state of bliss or Anandamaya kosam? It is frustrating when you realize that you are so inadequate and unknowledgeable able things that are closest to you. It is indeed a shame if we pass away without knowing the Self, knowing Him and everything else. As I sat with him at AVM last night, I cried for I had yet to know him and know myself. I knew nothing about life's mysteries too. I ask that I should know everything. I should know him, and I should know myself too. We are told that just as there is oil in the seed and nuts, juice in the cane and fruits, ghee in the milk, so too God resides in us. We are told that we have to work on ourselves to bring out the divine in us. I have listened to him this far. I am prepared to listen further. I had surrendered to him. But where is he? Just as water turns to steam when heated, steam rises to form clouds, clouds brings on rain showers, so too we are told that man has to transform himself on the journey to realization and give back to mankind his experience. I await for this transformation to take place and share the bliss with others. But where is he?



Agathiyar at AVM