Tuesday 24 August 2021

GOD'S CHILD

There are numerous Nadi readings that are shared in the media these days. When I read them and share them with my wife out of disbelief, she tells me that I should not read them for they are not meant for us. How true. Even my daughter asks me why should I read them when Agathiyar speaks to us. This reminds me of Tavayogi who always reprimands us telling us why do you need Nadi each time we stand before him for a reading. I remember Tavayogi tell a devotee from Tiruvannamalai who had joined them in the Pournami Puja at Kallar Ashram several days before my arrival that he should wear the Rudraksha with care when asked if he could wear it on him. After he left Tavayogi turned to me and told me we do not need it. This reminds me of reading about how Bhagawan Ramana would praise an artist about the greatness of music and tell another to do something else when asked about choices in taking it up as a career. I have come to understand that each devotee and seeker is addressed individually.

This is how my wife comes in a timely fashion to either point out certain flaws in me or save the day. Once when I was figuring out where to hold our annual event of lighting 108 oil lamps as we had decided not to do it again at Batu Caves as we had to endure the noise and dust pollution due to the renovations carried out in the cave temple the previous year that continued on to that year too; and when another temple in Kajang wanted us to take up an Ubayam when we just wanted to light the lamps in the temple grounds; and when I had gone to the extend of googling for all the temples in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor, my wife asks me to call up the Sri Mayuranathar Srimath Pamban Swamigal Temple in Dengkil. The management agreed immediately to allow us to light the lamps and further to it requested that we jointly conduct a Siddhar Puja including lighting the Yagam and doing Abhisegam. 

I guess that is the reason Agathiyar loves her more than me. Recently he told us that my wife, my daughter, and Mahin have more faith in him than I. I guess he was referring to the many instances where this trio had surrendered to Agathiyar and left it to him to care for their immediate needs. If every one of us has given his/her thumbprint and gone through the long process of vetting through the numerous Nadi to ascertain the correct one that completely portrays us, my wife was exempted from this process. Agathiyar came in a Nadi reading addressing her without even calling for her presence, without the need for her thumbprint or the need to be present to verify her Nadi through the question and answer session. I guess it has never happened before to any other individual prior to this reading for the Nadi Nool Aasan too was equally astonished. She is truly blessed. 

Tavayogi too had mentioned his surprise as to how she used to get the news first before it becomes a reality. Once she had a dream in the early morning hours where she saw Tavayogi read a text where the words appeared in gold letters and disappeared just as quickly as they had appeared. When she asked him in the dream how it was possible, Tavayogi answered that all these happen subtly or suksmam. Soon it became a reality as Tavayogi began reading the Jeeva Nadi.

She was the backbone of AVM, the root that held it intact and upright, growing and blossoming into a beautiful tree. Hers is the hand that you see performing the numerous Homams and Abhisegam in the videos I have posted on YouTube. I guess people saw her hands more than her just as readers saw my writings and not the writer. Agathiyar wants it that way too. After Agathiyar dissolved the group, he had told her that she need not engage in rituals or prayer henceforth but it was sufficient that she feed all those who arrive at AVM including him and his comrades the Siddhas, Gods, and Goddesses. That is the honor they pay to those who feed the hungry. These souls are placed in a high place. Similarly the couple the Sri Krishna's too are spoken highly of their deeds in feeding the hungry by Agathiyar. 

But not everyone is required to do the same or given the same task. They are told to do that which comes easily to them. Just as Agathiyar told me to continue writing this blog, Gowri Arumugam gave us the "Agathiyar Geetham" in 2018, doing what comes to her naturally, singing. So did others team up with her to complete the tasks. Today in commemorating the 350th year of Bhagawan Sri Raghavendra leaving his mortal frame she has released a cover song from the movie of the same name.

She writes, "This year is special as it marks the 350th Aradhana Mahotsava of Sri Guru Raghavendra Swamy. Aradhana is the day when Guru Sri Raghavendra entered Brindavana and he will be alive for 700 years. A cover version of Azhaikiran Madhavan was something I was waiting for this year's Aradhana. Usually, I will sing this song as my warming-up song before my recordings. Totally unplanned and the rest is magic."