Wednesday 18 August 2021

STORIES TO PONDER ON 1

As I and my granddaughter were making up stories, I asked her to check out what was the sound at the door. She immediately told me she should not go for what if it was a stranger. Then we agreed it was a wolf at the door trying to blow the house down as in the "Three Little Pigs". We tried to figure out a way of driving the wolf away. We both sat down and thought of an idea. I then told her lets set a trap for the wolf. Then she asked what a trap was. I told her it was a device to capture an animal as we both saw in the Disney movie "The Fox and the Hound" just a day before. As I set to find a rope to lay the trap, my granddaughter suddenly surprised me. She told me lets not trap the wolf for the wolf has a cub. I froze because here she had just educated me in compassion and love. We both had seen the movie "Bambi" earlier where a hunter kills Bambi's mother and he is all alone till the jungle animals befriend him. I was amazed by how she could link these stories to arrive at a decision.

This is how I am taught these days. I do not follow talks be it on YouTube Channels or from visiting holy men. I only read these days to look for references to authenticate what is made known to me as Tavayogi always told me to give references. 

Just as I was returning from having my vaccine and was approaching a cemetery that I was told housed the remains of a prominent figure and guru in the Siddha path, it suddenly dawned on me that the Samadhi burial that we all know of and that was a craze these days, was not the ultimate. Instead one should strive for Samadhi without leaving any trace of the body. That is Samadhi or merging with the source in the true sense. Samadhi is a combination of two words according to Tavayogi - Samam + Adhi (Merging + Source). Tracing the source then, the closest we can arrive at is the elements that maketh us and everything around us. It then dawned on me that Ramalinga Adigal's achievement is indeed true Samadhi in all sense as he had dispersed his body into all the elements hence merging back into the Prapanjam, living in everything then and forever. Hence we are taught to leave without leaving anything behind. Now I understand why Supramania Swami told me one had to even leave behind the merits gained from his tapas or tavam or austerities. He left his 40 years of tavam with me. I am grateful to him forever. I believe that is why my journey has been smooth and easy compared to the hardship many a saint goes through in reaching their state of realization and enlightenment. Tavayogi told me that Agathiyar came easily to us while he had to go searching for him enduring much hardship. Coming under his wings he showed me to Agathiyar. I am grateful to him too.

Following this train of thought, another crept in. If human birth is considered a rare commodity by saints like Sankara and others, then why do the saints asked to put a stop to it? Should not we ask to be born again and again? Why are we asked to break the chain of birth and death by these same saints? I shall leave you now to ponder over it.