Monday 30 August 2021

OUR CONVERSATIONS ARE HEARD

When I met Tavayogi the first time in 2005, he asked if I had seen the Gnana Kaandam. Sivabalan had told me to see it in 2002. I wonder how many see it for most settle for the Pothu Kaandam or General Canto and the Santhi Parikara Kaandam or the Canto on Prayers and Remedies and leave? Some come back for the Thozhil Kaandam or Career Canto, Tirumana Kaandam or Marriage Canto, or the Prasana Kaandam or the Medical Canto, when faced with choices or problems at work and marriage or fall sick respectively. I believe no one walks up to the reader asking to see the Gnana Kaandam. Sivabalan told me that most don't have it too and asked me to test my luck when I saw the Nadi the very first time. By Agathiyar's grace, I read mine.

As I had hesitated if I should share the recordings of the recent conversations with Agathiyar but eventually went ahead, Agathiyar came yesterday to give the green light to do so, though he asked to write only about my experiences and the teachings he gave us personally. I suppose it is to avoid confusion as there already exist wagonloads of channels and literature on the means and methods to reach God. 

இனி உமது எழுத்துக்களில் உமது பயணங்கள் மட்டும் இருக்கட்டும்
உம்மை நான் வழி நடத்தும் வழிமுறைகளையும் பகர்வாயாக 

If I had written about Jnana Jothiamma in the past several posts and attributed her probable sudden demise to her desire to be with Agathiyar, Agathiyar confirmed it yesterday. For the first time, he revealed or spoke about her departure.

ஞானத்திற்கு ஜோதியாய் இருந்தவளை ஜோதியின் தரிசனம் காண்பித்தற்கு ஆயத்தம் செய்த நிலையில் நான் செய்த சுத்திகரிப்பு அவளின் உள்ளம் ஏற்கவில்லை எம்மோடு இணைந்து கொள்ள அவள் விருப்பம் கொண்டால்

He had wanted to show her the Jothi but she opted for Agathiyar. She preferred to be with Agathiyar. He fulfilled her wishes. Hence we understand why what was prophecized by Agathiyar that she will leave for the USA in 2017 and on route back to India will stopover in Malaysia preaching the Siddha path did not materialize. Her desires overshadowed Agathiyar's wishes.

I was lamenting to Suren and Mahin that the past two years were not productive having stayed at home strictly following Agathiyar's directive and partly because of the lockdowns enforced, Agathiyar tells me that it was not so. Agathiyar answered all the questions and doubts I have had the past two years as I was told to go within. He addressed the disturbances that I faced as the neighborhood became nonconducive for one new to meditation to go within. In September of 2019, he had asked that we go within and gave us some techniques. At the same time, the once quiet neighborhood became a bustle of activity, din, and noise. As a beginner trying to meditate I found it pretty difficult to go within. He told me that even if I were to move into the jungles I would face similar disturbances in other forms. Earlier bringing my dilemma to Ramalinga Adigal he told me that these were obstacles that one has to overcome. Similarly, Agathiyar told me last night that just as there are parasites in the jungle, so are they in the towns that cause anguish, problems, and trouble.

காட்டில் தவம் செய்வோருக்கு இங்கிருக்கும் புல்லுருவிகள் தொல்லையாய் இருக்கும், நகரத்தில் வாழும் உமக்கு இவைகளே புல்லுருவிகள். 

I told Agathiyar that I had failed miserably in the tasks he had given me thinking that I have wasted precious time. But on the contrary, he tells me subtle changes had indeed taken place and there was progress. He explains my recent experiences too bringing me an understanding of the changes that have begun to take place within. I am glad to hear that. 

இவ் இரு ஆண்டுகள் யாவும் பயனற்று போகவில்லை. 

When many can come up with numerous definitions for meditation or Dhyanam, Agathiyar defines it in very simple terms. He tells us that following the breath is Dhyanam. 

நீயாய் சுவாசித்த பிராணவாயு இனி உன்னை கேட்காமல் உன்னுள் ஊடுருவும். எப்பொழுதெல்லாம்  அது ஊடுருவதை நீ உணறுகிறாயோ இருக்கும் இடம் அறிந்து அதனுள் பயணம் செய். கலந்து போ. அதனோடு நீ கலக்கும் தருணமே தியானம்.

As simple as that. I guess that is the reason he wants us just to listen, heed, and follow his words and explanation rather than read, listen, follow, and quote other texts or sources. As it is we are pretty confused when some saints drop all that they have strived for in the material world overnight and leave their homes to the jungles or live in the streets. They shed all their previous hold on things and take up the name of God and take up turavaram or become a mendicant. On the contrary, Agathiyar wants us to stay with the family and achieve the state of a turavi. So it makes sense when he says listen to him and ignore others ways however tempting it might be.

He had asks that we carry out his Vizha or annual celebrations without fail. 

நீங்கள் எமது விழாவை மட்டும் எனக்கான பூசையை செய்து வரவும்.

That usually falls in December or the following January and is carried out without fail at Tavayogi's Kallar Ashram. But until recently he had switched the date for us to celebrate his Vizha to coincide with Thaipusam. He had asked us to extend invitations to all. Is this an indication that the Covid pandemic might subside by then? That would indeed be good news to all. 

He tells me that conducting the Vizha was not for me but for his devotees. 

அவை உமக்கு இல்லாவினும் இங்கு வரும் எம் பக்தருக்காக. 

I recall Tavayogi tell me that he was building his new Ashram/Temple complex not for him but for those who shall come by in later years. I do remember him telling me the reason he began conducting the Maha Yagam too. It was just after the 2004 tsunami had hit the shores of several countries. This tragedy initiated his move to conduct this Yagam and he soon turned it into an annual affair.

He reveals that Goddess Mugambikai and Lord Shiva had interacted with the child of a devotee on different occasions. The child had pointed out to her parents their presence in their households. A similar happening took place at the Sri Jeganathar temple in Tapah in the past. A colleague from my office called me up and related the happening. He had accompanied a friend and his wife and two kids to the temple. As it was pretty late at night they decided to camp for the night at the temple rather than travel back to Kuala Lumpur. As the friend and his wife were attending to the cry for milk of the second child who was a baby, the elder child of two years suddenly let out a cry too. Upon investigating she pointed out Swami Jeganathar's photo and told them that he had carried her! 

Children are still connected with their home, the source. They are divine in nature. The Buddha nature in them is very obvious. What we adults need to do is to travel back to being a child. This lesson was taught by another granddaughter of mine. As she was 16 years of age but used to behave like her younger sister, her mother apprehended her. The teen replied, "Mother my sister cannot possibly come to my level, but I can surely go down to her level and play." The mother was stunned. This is how Agathiyar has come down for us. Agathiyar who Tavayogi showed us as God as we chanted "Arul Gnana Jothiye Agathin Jothi, Tani Perung Kadavule Agatheesar Aavaar" came as a guru leading us by holding our hands. Now he has come as a companion keeping us company in all our tasks. Understanding this change, transformation, and transition in the relationship between the Guru and Disciple, I decided to reorganize my prayer room. Since he had asked us to abstain from all forms of rituals,  I created an atmosphere conducive for him to meditate. I laid the deerskin that Supramania Swami had gifted me and placed his murthy on it. I placed the Deepam or Light centerstage as he had often directed us whenever we gather around him in the past. I placed his sandals on the ground before him. Then I realized that everything had fallen into place just as Bhogar had led us on to bring Lord Shiva to grace our home. Bhogar had us recite the chant "Adhi Sivam, Jothi Sivam, Moola Sivam." I saw his murthy or statue as Adhi Sivam, a replica of the very first granite statue of Agathiyar in this Kali Yuga build by King Kuberan in his temple at Thirumaraikaadu or that goes by the new name Agasthiyampalli. Of course, Jothi Sivam was the oil lamp. Moola Sivam referred to His Holy Feet and sandals as in his Moola Mantra given to us.

Aum Srim Aum Sarguru Patamay
Saaba Paaba Vimosanam
Rowga Ahungaara Durvimosanam
Sarva Deva Sagala Siddha Oli Rupam
Sarguruway Om Agasthiya Kirantha Kartaaya Nama

ஓம் ஸ்ரீம் ஓம்
சற்குரு பதமே
சாப பாவ விமோசனம்
ரோக அகங்கார துர்விமோசனம்
சர்வ தேவ சகல சித்த
ஓளி ரூபம்
சற்குருவே ஓம் அகஸ்திய
கிரந்த கர்தாய நம

I rejoiced in seeing the connections. But when Agathiyar came he tore the veil of ignorance in me telling me that the intention of mine to allocate a spot for him to meditate was not for him but a reminder for us to sit and go into Tavam. I suddenly realized my stupidity. Agathiyar being the Maha Muni had gone through years of Tavam including having taken it up within the deep oceans for some 12 years we are told. The one who now needs to go within is us. 

எம்மை தவ கோலத்தில் நீ வைத்தது யாம் தவத்தில் அமருவதற்கு அல்ல. உங்களை இல்லத்தில் அமரவைக்க. யாரெல்லாம் என்னோடு இணைத்தார்களோ அவர்கள் எல்லாமே தவக்கோலம் பூணுவார்கள். இங்கு நான் அமர்ந்தது போலவே எல்லோரும் அமர்ந்திடுவர்.

Agathiyar is bent on getting everyone who comes over seeking him to go into meditation and not remain forever in rituals.

Once when my wife and I were traveling back home from a wedding in Teluk Intan, a town some 170 km from Kuala Lumpur, as we were cruising through the countryside my wife was desperately trying to hold a conversation with an AVM family member regarding our upcoming puja. She managed to get her message across although the line was extremely bad. Then we spoke about whether we wanted to place lime around the homa kundam or vessel as Tavayogi had initiated. We left it at that without making a decision. On the day of the puja the divine instructed us to place the lime! In a region where there was hardly a decent coverage of the network, how did Agathiyar tap into our conversation, asked my wife? Did Agathiyar travel with us listening on in our conversation? 

Indeed our conversations are head. I had shared all the above with Suren and Mahin and Agathiyar comes along to clarify things. He watches, listens in, and interrupts the conversation too. There was a time when Jnana Jothiamma went silent over Skype only to come back and tell me that Agathiyar had hijacked our conversation. He cut me off and began to talk to her. 

Ain't all these amazing!