Friday 6 January 2023

AWAITING THE MOMENT

After the calling by Agathiyar to worship the Siddhas too besides the Hindu Gods, I looked around for movements that were associated with the Siddhas. I stood at their doors but they never captivated me. Worship or puja was missing from their daily agenda. Many were focused on gathering donations and carrying our charity. I began to take up puja on my own in my home. Soon Agathiyar sent Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal of Kallar Ashram to our shores where I met him. He invited me to his ashram in India. He also asked me to patronize the local branch of his Peedham that he had arrived to officiate. But Agathiyar had other plans for me. Just before Tavayogi left for India Agathiyar in my second Nadi reading asked me to visit Tavayogi's ashram and spend some days with him. I received my second Diksa just before I left his ashram. A bond was cemented between a guru and a disciple. 

If once upon a time we did things that brought pleasure to us, later we took up numerous tasks thinking these would satisfy and make him happy. After 17 years, that saw me conduct home puja for the Siddhas, which was joined by many youngsters shown to me by Agathiyar in their Nadi readings, coming together to carry out charity and spreading the home Siddha puja into the corridors of temples that were Siddha-friendly, Agathiyar had us drop everything and go within taking the breath as a tool for sitting still. Though I tried to sit still, I never succeeded in my attempts. As I began to think that I had lost a purpose in living, and as I await his directive further, he tells me that he has something up his sleeve for me in the future. I wonder what it is? 

By the grace of the Siddhas that was brought on by the love for them and the pujas we did with listening to every word and directive of theirs, Agathiyar opened up the channels that otherwise would need long years of practice. When I asked him what needed to be done further he tells me "Nothing. The energies will do their work." 

So these days besides an occasional puja when requested by devotee friends and brief moments in sitting with him lamenting, complaining, pouring my frustrations, etc over matters that are beyond my control around me and with the society of the day and man, I hardly do anything. So how do I kill time? I play with my grandchildren. I listen to songs and watch selected movies. What surprises me is that the messages come through these too. Though I had watched and listened to these numerous times before I am learning anew. The last straw that broke my back is the song by Dhanurdaasa Raamaanuja Jeeyar, sung by Smt. T. S. Ramapriya. He writes that "The Munivan referred to in this song is Swamy Manavala Mamunigal the most prominent Acharyar of Srivaishnava Sampradayam."


ஆசை என்று உள்ளே ஒன்று மோசம் செய்யுதே!
அது பூசை என்று வெளியே உன்மேல் பாசம் செய்யுதே!
நாளும் உன்னை நேசிப்பதாய் போடும் வேஷமே!
அது  நாளுக்கு நாள் நானே எனக்கு தேடும் நாசமே!

எல்லோருக்கும் நன்மை செய்தோம் என்று தோணுதே!
செய்த ஒவ்வொன்றிலும் சுயநலமே என்ன நாணுதே!
போதும் போதும் போதும் இந்த போலி நாடகம்
உந்தன் பாதம் ஒன்றே ஆக வேண்டும் எந்தன் தாரகம்.

பேரும் புகழும் வேண்டாம் என்று உள்ளம் சொல்லுதே! 
பலர் புகழ இன்னும் புகழு! என்னும் கள்ளம் வெல்லுதே!
காம, கோபம் வென்றோம் என்று வாயும் சொல்லுதே!
உள்ளே விருப்பும் வெருப்பும் தலைவிரித்தே ஆடிச் செல்லுதே!

பசி ருசியை கடந்தோம் என்று மாறு தட்டுதே! 
இந்த புசி என்றே தினம் நாக்கும் வயிறும் காலை கட்டுதே!
போதும் போதும் போதும் இந்த போலி நாடகம்
எந்தன் மாமுனிவன் பாதம் அல்லால் யாதும் பாதகம்.

சுகத்தை விட மனசு இல்லை உள்ள நிலை இது! 
ஆனால் ஜெகத்தினையே ஜெயித்ததாக சொல்லி அலையுது!
நன்று செய்த நல்லவரை அன்றே மறக்குது!
இது குன்று போன்ற குறை சுமந்தும் கூசாது இருக்குது!

வந்தவர்க்கே அறிவுரையை வாரி வழங்குது!
இது தன் வாழ்க்கையில் தத்தளித்தே வாடி வதங்குது!
போதும் போதும் போதும் இந்த போலி நாடகம்
எந்தன் மாமுனிவன் பாதம் அல்லால் யாதும் பாதகம்.

நினைத்தபடி நடப்பதுவே எந்தன் வாடிக்கை!
அது உன் நினைவே என்று சொல்வது என்ன வேடிக்கை!
உனக்காகவே வாழ்ந்திடுவேன் என்று பாரிக்கை!
பின் எனக்காக இது செய்! என்று என்ன கோரிக்கை!

துறவி என்று கூறிக்கொண்டும் எதையும் துறக்கலை!
இந்த பிறவிக்கேனோ ஞானம் ஏதும் இன்னும் பிறக்கலை.
போதும் போதும் போதும் இந்த போலி நாடகம்
எந்தன் மாமுனிவன் பாதம் அல்லால் யாதும் பாதகம்.