Wednesday 25 January 2023

WHEN GOD COMES WITHIN

Looking back now Tavayogi did not teach me much per se but instead helped bring me the blessings of the Siddhas. Rather than have me sit at his feet and deploy the means to salvation he brought me on a journey visiting the jungles, and the abodes and caves where the Siddhas roamed and meditated once. Now I understand that this was indeed a quicker means of reaching the destination. All the saints have sung of the need for God's grace or Arul. He brought it down in torrents on me. This reminds me of the time I reported for my new job in a new town away from home after my studies. My father wrote a short note and asked me to pass it on to someone in the Chettiar community in the town I was to work in. Indeed that note carried much weight as I was allowed to stay for several nights in their Kithangi or place of business in this small town of Sitiawan. That piece of paper introduced me as one of their "kind" and I was allowed to stay for several nights until I moved in into the quarters my employer provided us. 


Similarly, I guess Tavayogi too must have passed a note to the Siddhas for they have accepted me into their community. I am grateful to him for taking me on a shortcut to freedom. In the beginning, when we went for our Kaanda Nadi reading we were told by the Nadi readers that Agathiyar had written about us in the past and the calling had come only then for us to read the Nadi and know about our past, present, and future so that we could take hold of our lives that would otherwise continue to be mundane. The Siddhas showed us a purpose in living apart from the norm and carrying out the usual responsibilities. Reading the Jeeva Nadi or transmission of messages in real-time in later years, Agathiyar used to tell us that he has arrived to address us coming for instance from Kailash, Pothigai, or Kallar. These days he is so near and close that we do not realize that he is speaking to us through others until he introduces himself. True to what he told a devotee he is felt as a Unarvu and an Athirvu, he comes as energy in a split second that traverses throughout the physical body bringing on a vibration that leads to a feeling and sensation of immense joy and bliss that begins to radiate out and reach towards others. Just as sound and light set off a vibration that radiates out changing the existing frequencies, the entire surrounding is electrified.

As the subjects live in the King's state, we live in God's world. Sariyai then is the start of getting God to turn and look toward us. So I understand now that there was nothing wrong when the priests at the temple lectured us about beginning our feeding session only after the Nitya or daily puja was done for the Goddess as she would then get to see what we were doing. This message was for the commoner in the path of Sariyai. For one who has begun to see God in everything he moves on without ridiculing or shaming other's beliefs and practices. 

Riding by the street in his chariot the King sees us as he sees all others. But just as he notices something outstanding among his subjects and visits his home or the subject is summoned to his royal chamber, when the guru points to a particular person and briefs God on his yearning and determination to see him, God's gaze falls on him. That is Guru Arul or the grace of the Guru who brings God's attention to us rather than have us work long hours to get his attention through Sariyai. This indeed is a faster route shown by the guru that comes with recommendations. The seeker and God connect. The Kriyas learned under the tutelage of the guru resonate within one in joy and bliss that is the nature of God too. 

Continuing under the watchful eyes of the guru, the seeker's physical body is broken down and rebuilt through Yoga. His other bodies come to light and literally light up. If God came to visit his humble home earlier in Kriyai after we frequented his home or temple in Sariyai, he now comes to stay within us. He remains silent and invisible until the need to move arises. God then takes over our thought, speech, and our gestures. From coming alive in the pages of the Nadi today he comes alive in these devotees. The love and compassion that emanate from the Siddhas cannot be described.