Monday 9 January 2023

WONDER WHAT IS IN STORE FOR THE FUTURE?

I was asked to aid in building temples and build one for Agathiyar in my very first Nadi reading in 2002. I was pretty excited about having been chosen for the job. I scouted around to build a shrine for Agathiyar in existing temples as I figured building a new one was not feasible then. As no temple committee was willing to have Siddhas reside alongside other deities I dropped the idea. In 2008-2009, Agathiyar had me commission his statue and have it placed at the Jegathguru Sri Raghavendra Mritiga Brindavanam Kinta in Ipoh that was being constructed then. Upon completion of the statue, he wanted to reside in my home before moving on to the Brindavanam. But for reasons only known to him, he decided to stay put in my place and had another devotee place another statue there. Meanwhile, as the world celebrates Agathiyar's Jayanthi today, I was fortunate to participate in a simple puja for him at the Jegathguru Sri Raghavendra Mritiga Brindavanam Kinta in Ipoh this morning. Here again, Agathiyar had for some years now reassigned a new date for us to celebrate his Vizha at AVM that coincided with Thaipusam instead of Ahilyam in the month of Margazhi.



My guru Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal who had ended his years of traveling as a mendicant was instructed by Agathiyar to locate a place called Agathiyar Vanam and set up an ashram. He found the place to be at Kallar. Later with aid from devotees, he built a larger ashram some 2 kilometers away which is the present-day Agathiyar Gnana Peedham. Meanwhile asking my guru Supramania Swami to build a temple, Lord Muruga came as a stranger and stopped the venture, Swami dropped the idea, retaining only his kudil in the plot of land purchased for the purpose in Tiruvannamalai. 

Then in 2018 when I saw the Nadi, Lord Murugan in asking me to build a temple for him, and replying to my thoughts and questions as to why he wanted another to his long list of temples, said that I shall do it differently. I did not understand how different shall his temple be from others. Was it to be in the name, his form, the architecture, the rituals? 

Since I did not respond to his call to build a temple Lord Muruga had Agathiyar coax me again coming through a devotee. As I did not respond Agathiyar said he will do it. When the specified time was up he told me that he had tested me. This is how the divine plays its game and tests its devotees.

Over the years I have come to understand. Both Agathiyar and Lord Murugan have told us much that defers from the routine and the norm. I guess this is the difference they spoke about. But I am not at liberty to discuss them here as yet. It shall all be known if the divine still wants to go ahead with this asking.