Sunday 26 March 2017

LIFE'S LITTLE LESSONS PART 1

Walking along with Agathiyar, I picked up little lessons and messages for living a fruitful life. These messages also came through the experiences of people I knew.

We were getting ready to marry off our daughter last year. We were considering several factors before deciding when to hold our daughter's marriage. That is when "Aiya" passes us the message to expedite their marriage. When I went to get dates for the engagement and wedding of my daughter last year, I told the gurukkal or priest that I had not seen the marriage horoscope for both my daughter and son-in-law, and I do not intend too as they liked each other. I only came to see him to fix these dates. 

He immediately told me three things.

1. If they liked each other, there is no need to see porutham or compatibility of the bride and groom. The utmost important porutham is that of mana porutham or compatibility of the heart. Since they liked each other it was settled, he added.

2. If they liked each other, it is because of their past bandham or relationship in the past birth that has brought them together in this birth too as husband and wife. This is a result of past karmas.

3. Finally he said, go ahead with the marriage and leave the rest to God.

His words came to me as if Agathiyar was directly addressing me. The gurukkal himself looks like Agathiyar. I thanked him for clearing all the apprehension and fear we had, and giving us the strength and motivation to move ahead. 


Later I came to know the truth in this statement when many of us at AVM began to share their nadi readings. Agathiyar in these readings had pointed out and to some others given detailed revelation of their past relationships. My wife and I were life partners in a previous birth serving Agathiyar at the Kutraleshwarar temple with fruits that we sold at Papanasam. My daughter too was there with us. Ba and S too had been husband and wife, with Ba being a priests serving Agathiyar at the Adi Kumbeswarar temple in Kumbakonam; R and M were a married couple who served Agathiyar daily with milk from the cows and goats that they grazed in the vicinity while Agathiyar meditated in the caves of Kutralam. B & R had a relationship in the past, where B was a warrior and a devotee of Agathiyar; so did S and T; K and D were life partners in Erode, having actually ferried Agathiyar and later Mataji Sarojini Ammaiyar across Kaveri River to the Nattadreswar Temple. Very interesting indeed. 

Agathiyar too had said never break up lovers. Many of the AVM family were brought together again in this birth by Agathiyar himself. There was a couple who each went in for a nadi reading as friends but came out as lifemates brought together by Agathiyar.

Soon we got started on the wedding preparations. We were blessed to have all of AVM family turn out at the wedding and dinner reception, besides family and friends. The greatest blessings were the surprise attendance of Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal and Mataji Sarojini Ammaiyar of Kallar Ashram and with them the appearance of all the Siddhas to bless the newly wed and all whom had gathered.