Saturday 18 March 2017

THE MAKING OF AVM

I stepped in onto the Siddha Marga in 2002, amidst the many misconceptions on the teachings of the Siddhas, that prevailed during the time. I refused to accept the negative outlook that people had of the Siddha path, but moved on, on my own, seeking new frontiers with Agathiyar to guide. My hunger to know about the Siddhas, led me to search all the local bookstores for anything and everything on the Siddhas.

A year later I met Supramania Swami. His message to me was simple. Besides the mantra upadesa he gave me, he ask to light an oil lamp and never let the flame die. He ignited the flame of devotion in me. Three years later I met Tavayogi and a year later, he asked me to start conducting the homam or lighting the sacrificial fire in my home. He nurtured the flame in me. Initially I was doing the rituals, something I wasn't keen about, just to comply to his directives; but Agathiyar the all knowing Sadguru, later explained to me that I was doing it not for myself and the family alone but for the well being and good of this world (ulaga semam). Only then I realized the magnanimity and extent of the task given to me. I did it with sincerity from then on. Later Agathiyar added that the act of conducting the homam would aid in overcoming one's karma.

I took his words spoken through the Nadi as the gospel truth. He then called me in for more Nadi readings, setting me on a course that he planned and executed well. But after I came to Supramania Swami and Tavayogi, my two gurus, I became contented and satisfied. Life was complete. I had to turn down further instructions to visit other gurus and places of worship that Agathiyar mentioned in the Nadi. I told him that I had him. I did not need nor want another guru in the physical form. If his intention to call me over to these places was to give me something, I told him he could do that right here in the confines of my home within these four walls. 

Eight years later Agathiyar came into my home in the form of a bronze statue, something that he planned ahead and executed with perfection. Knowing pretty well that I would not want to indulge in any form of external rituals, he struck a deal. The deal was that he would stay over at my home for some time till the construction and inauguration of the Jegathguru Sri Raghavendra Miruthiga Brindavanam Kinta in Ipoh was completed. He would then move over there. But Agathiyar chose to stay put at my home. Initially I thought he loved the libation or abhisegam and all the attention we gave him. But he was soon to reveal his purpose in staying back and more.

When I came to this marga there was very little spoken or written about the Siddhas in the public forum. Many gurus and masters chose to keep the marga within themselves and their students. Access to information was rare. Even if there was information, it was scattered over several sites and blogs. I began to compile and write on the Siddhas, something I did initially for my reference, but later decided to share it on social medias, hoping to fill the existing gap.

Over time I was fed with information on the Siddhas through fantastic Nadi revelations and speaking to visiting devotees. Agathiyar brought many wonderful souls to my home and introduced others through social medias and via online correspondence. We shared the same feelings and thoughts about the Siddhas. Agathiyar brought us together in union, hence a wonderful networking of seekers in the path of the Siddhas took shape and form. Many are the miracles that I have heard, read about and came across through them. All these built and strengthened the faith and belief I had of the Siddhas. All these lent a subject matter for my blog, hence helping to sustain it. Many shared their experiences and were willing to let me post it. Many would share too but would add at the end, with a wide grin, asking me not to post it, knowing my over zealous hunger for news related to Agathiyar and eagerness to post them on the blog.

On learning about our prayers to the Siddhas, many devotees of Agathiyar asked to attend and join in, in the prayers too. Some came on their own accord after reading the blog; while others were directed here through the Nadi. Some came out of curiosity only to leave disinterested; yet many stayed behind to learn the Siddha worship and continued conducting it in their own homes.

Soon Agathiyar made my home his place of siesta or afternoon nap. When and if he decided to help his devotees, he would bring them over. All that Agathiyar asked was to light an oil lamp and to put forward to him their sorrows, prayers and desires. He would take care of the rests he assured. We then realized the reason he was here. We began to see for ourselves Agathiyar perform miracles on these devotees. It brought us much delight and joy to hear them say with gratitude that Agathiyar had solved their problems, cured their illness, and fulfilled their wishes.

Initially we did not like strangers calling in on us at odd hours, and staying on till way past midnight. It was a home. I had a family. I had to go to work and the children to school the next day. Hence my wife and I placed our wishes across to him, asking Agathiyar to stop sending them over. We did not want to end becoming shamans. He heard our call. Agathiyar must have realised that we were terribly shaken by the new experiences and were not ready for such a huge responsibility as yet. He stopped bringing devotees over. But it was to be a temporary measure only. It was his wish to see his devotees and do something for them.

As time went by, we too became matured spiritually. Agathiyar told us that I need not go in search of an ashram and that the home itself will become an ashram. I understood that now we shared our home with Agathiyar and that he wanted very much to do some good to his devotees. We had to sacrifice our private time and space but we knew that he would always care for us as a force shield or kavasam. I felt him tell me to step aside and watch as he continued to perform his miracles. When we understood what he was doing, and began to accept that he was only using our residence and premise to carry out his noble work, he resumed bringing in more devotees. 

Soon I had to have a name for my home so as to direct these seekers over. Agathiyar Vanam, the place where the original Kallar Ashram was situated, came to my mind. With an addition of the alphabet M for Malaysia, Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia (AVM) sounded perfect a name for Agathiyar's home. It would be easily remembered too as it resembled the famous film production studio AVM Studios in Tamilnadu.

Agathiyar revealed many things over the years. But each time he stressed on the need to continue to keep praying to the Siddhas. He listed a long list of benefits derived from prayers; he gave his moola mantra to be recited and shared with all; he counseled me on my anger and taught me anger management; and he blessed me to write, both books and the blog. 

What I learnt about the Siddhas I shared with those who came by AVM. I began blogging too after I realised that the several websites I had earlier, had their limitations. I abandoned them for Siddha Heartbeat. The positive reviews and comments I received from AVM family, devotees of Agathiyar and readers of the blog, made me change my mind several times about closing shop and calling it a day. Even if I do not travel, Agathiyar provides for a topic and the relevant message, daily through the many members at AVM. In the last Nadi reading for Surendran Selvaratnam, Agathiyar has a word for me too. He asked to continue writing. I suppose he is pleased with the postings.

Soon I realized that I had been tasked a noble work in sending out the messages of Agathiyar to his devotees around the globe. I was surprised to read that this blog and its contents had a high standing in the eyes of its readers. Many devotees visited Kallar Ashram after reading the blog, I was told. A young teenager from North India wrote in to share her joy on hearing Agathiyar speak to her through the Nadi. This young girl was a constant reader of the blog and had many questions. Agathiyar in her reading told her to read the blog and that she would find the answers in it. Jnana Jyothiamma too recollected some days back, how she had dropped in on my first website indianheartbeat and was subsequently "pulled" to Kallar Ashram back in 2011. Slowly I am beginning to realize the magnanimity and extent of the task given to me. I now do it with more responsibility. Before and after each post I pray that what is written has to be the truth and ask Agathiyar to forewarn me if there was any wrong statements or false information in my writings.

This blog is a journal of my spiritual journey. It might not be comparable to all the wonderful books and blogs already available. But it gives great satisfaction to serve and talk about Agathiyar and his miracles. Many thinking that I have a Nadi ask to see it. I do not have any Nadi and am not a Nadi reader. Some do post a comment, at times critical about the subject matter, defining their views and opinions. To them, although it might sound rude and arrogant, I would say start your own blog rather than comment on others writings. But to many out there who have written in and said that they have benefited from these writings and sharings, I would like to say a BIG thank you and appreciate your encouraging words.

I am not here to influence anyone in any way. When devotees came to Bhagawan Ramanar they would request him to guide them, show them a way. Bhagawan would ask, what they were doing currently. If they answered that they were praying and frequented temples, he would ask them to continue doing that. If they told him that they were engaged in helping and doing service to others, he would ask them to continue doing that. If they answered that they were doing some form of yogic practices, he would ask them to continue doing that. If they told him that they were into meditating, he would ask them to continue doing that. Never did he once switch them to another path. Similarly I too respect all paths; all doctrines; and all practises and all forms of devotion. I believe everything has a place and a use in this wonderful world of ours. As Agathiyar says, "I am in the cosmos and the cosmos is in me", I began to understand that he is everything. And as he says "Let it be", (Irunthutthu Pogathum) to wrong perceptions, views, opinions, and stories; and practices and teachings; I began to understand that it has to take place. Eventually it will all resolve itself.

From day one Dr Krishnan, astrologer and Siddha practitioner, had asked that I pray for prayers brought good in multifold, he used to say. He started me with Agathiyar's moola mantra and prepared a yantra to go along with it. Agathiyar and all the other Siddhas in the 55 readings that I have had to date and through the numerous readings for other AVM family members had stressed the need and explained the benefits gained in prayers. People who come to Tavayogi seeking a solution to their problems, are started on prayers and worship of the Siddhas.

A realization dawned on me, only quite recently, on which I shall post separately and later, and since then I too have been advocating that all begin performing prayers in their own homes too. As a catalyst and a starter kit, I brought AVM Agathiyar over to ten homes of AVM family members and other devotees of Agathiyar, where their family members sat together to perform the homam and abhisegam to Agathiyar, by themselves, accompanied by singing of the praises of the Siddhas by AVM family. It would be a good start for them I thought to be blessed by Tavayogi and Mataji who were in Malaysia then.

AVM family took to the noble act of feeding the poor, the homeless, those in shelters and charitable homes, and those on the streets as envisioned by Agathiyar. Bala Chandran Gunasekaran took this noble act further to his home and got his family geared up to contribute, cook and feed the needy in their locality. These acts of kindness became contagious and spread like wildfire, the desire to serve fellow humans who were left out from the mainstream of society and neglected by society. Surendaran Selvaratnam and Shanga joined forces with Sri Krishna of AUM to carry out this noble act through the Pothigai Meals on Wheels program. Agathiyar acknowledged and blessed all for these wonderful deeds and encouraged them to continue.

The greatest acknowledgment was when NS Shaan mentioned to me that the one thing he loved and liked about AVM was that we were doers and not planners. We put into execution every single good thought that came our way rather than brood over it for days, calling for a discussion and planning to execute it. The reason we could do everything immediately is that we have a wonderful team in the form of Thondu Seivom members, Amudha Surabhi donors and of course AVM family, who backed us in all our undertakings and programs.

Considering that those in the AVM Whatsapp group, residing in cities like New Delhi, Chennai and Singapore, could not participate in our programs due to the physical distance that kept us apart and feeling that they were always left out, I suggested that they start a group in their own locality, district or state and serve their community too. They took up the idea. Some others were mooted to start on their own too. It is wonderful to see all of them moving towards a common goal - service to Erai and our fellowmen.