Thursday 2 December 2021

MOUNA GURU

Man attempts to approach spiritualism as if as in attending classes, seminars, and talks. Religion can be taught. But spiritualism has to be experienced. Religion has dogmas, rules, do's and dont's to follow, etc. In spiritualism, we break free from all these limitations. Tavayogi once said that the spirit should be free to explore. We see this in a child. It knows no limitations. Neither does it know fear of the unknown. 

It amuses me to see people pay to know spiritualism. In their desperation to reach out to god they are willing to believe and do everything. Just as a large crowd at a restaurant would mean to most that the food served was good, most of the time they act as herds of sheep scouting for places that are crowd pullers. 

Spiritualism can only be known by self-inquiry. For a start, one might need guides in the form of books, talks, and a guru. But eventually, like a child who has learned to walk he should leave his hold on to these. Sadly we hold on to others to bring us to know god. God is not shown but realized within and without. Methods, doctrines help to a certain extent. Practice and discipline are crucial to seeing results. Then again if past karma stands in our way we do not see the results of such efforts. Here the guru and the rituals help remove them.

Tavayogi broke the camel's back. He tamed the wild horse. That was what Tavayogi did to me. He did not say things to please me. He hit me several times bringing me to a state of awareness, though I did not realize it at that time. The moment he stepped on our soil, he observed around and commented that people were hung to bakthi or devotion and temple worship. He asked us to come to Gnana. He saw people turn up to him and pour their troubles. He told me this was not sufferings but mere problems that could be solved with one's Arivu. When I fell at his feet before bidding farewell after our first meeting, he chided me for doing that. He told me only to fall at Agathiyar's feet. Again when I was driving him with my nephew behind the wheels, back to his place of stay while in Malaysia, after his brief visit to my home, he shot me down telling me I was living in Maya and believing that saffron-clad "Asamys" or godmen had a magic portion within their clothing. He told me in the face he had nothing to give me, but to look up to Agathiyar instead. Now we see the reason he did not have a following and the numbers. He made me shed my hold on gems and amulets that I wore telling me it was not necessary. He made me stand stark naked before him before he began to impart and fill me without my knowledge over the years I knew him. I was already emptied of my reading and knowledge prior to meeting him as I was living in a state of abstinence from all forms of worship and learning for 14 years. Tavayogi did not have me sit with him and preach the Siddha path to me. I had to pick it up from the video footage of the talks he gave during the festivals he held at his ashram and when he visited Malaysia several times. When I was with him, we used to sit in silence. I did not ask him questions as others did. He would occasionally say a thing or two as he passed by. I had to figure it out myself. I only came to understand them many years later after having similar experiences. He taught through silence and by giving us direct experiences. He took me to the abodes of the Siddhas to experience the presence of the Siddhas, to be in their midst, and to observe miracles. He was indeed Lord Dhakshanamurthi in form, speech, and action. Now I understand why the painting of the Lord came to me and I was asked to worship him in 2001. Now I understand what transcended at the many sannadhis of the Lord.

In the movie "Saguni" the lead character asks the guru what his problem was contrary to the gurus asking devotees. The reason being no one was listening to his talks. They propose and sell him a plan, repackaging and marketing his wares. They ask him to remain silent henceforth. Now the same devotees are surprised at their guru's silence and begin to yearn to hear him speak. The guru got their attention. Similarly, it is said that Lord Dhakshanamurthi would answer all the questions put forth by the four disciples of his. This went on for years and there seemed no end to questions. Finally, the Lord chose to remain quiet. Seeing their guru sitting still the devotees simply fell into a state of meditation. The Mouna guru teaches in silence. Bhagawan Ramana is said to do this too.

In an article on the net, we read,

As an individual begins to be liberated from the influence of the mind-stuff, the divine attributes of the atman or self manifest in the very subtle sheath of bliss (anandamaya kosham) that surrounds the soul (atman.). When the transformation of that very subtle part of the being has been given fully to the divine, the individual becomes literally a beacon of bliss-light. Simply being in the presence of such a being is uplifting. Such an elevated individual is often acknowledged as a saint.

Just as a lighted candle lights another, a true guru lights up the wick in devotees by merely being in their presence. 

We have covered much ground traveling the path of the Siddhas. 

  • After the calling to read the Nadi (https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvUzM8981rWAPKG7T9SLyqqPt28ffZvd_)
  • taking up the call to come to the path of the Siddhas or Siddha Margam, 
  • taking up the worship of the Siddhas (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dp5hxfCGULlttFkbZo0j-5Et03tqqAw5/view?usp=sharing)
  • going in search of the path (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EzzCZFKoicCmpC2iUnRFpFcD38OzhJO9/view?usp=sharing)
  • coming to the path with the coming of Tavayogi (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O4rnaRcMKPbPfLdMxjssuoMQan-gD6fj/view?usp=sharing)
  • traveling the path with the Siddhas (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SIK2Lz2NIZ6Augc4QqpL9gHH70lWdMOp/view?usp=sharing)

we stand at what seems to be the end of the journey as for now. 

The state of Puranam of completeness has to engulf and envelope us in totality. That is the state of the divine too. That is experiencing divinity in all of creation and in all things. He who reaches this state indeed is a Mouna guru.