Tuesday 21 December 2021

THE UNSEEN HAND of DIVINITY

When people came to Tavayogi seeking to pour their hearts out he would tell them that the reason for their suffering was their past karma or vinai. For those who await a solution, he would tell them to look up towards the Siddhas, come to their worship, and praise them. He would stop at that. Tavayogi never wanted to take on others' karma. He would not dish out talisman to heal them or relieve their sufferings.

But he made an exception in my daughter's case. When I read the Nadi for her she was given a long list of parikaram or remedies to carry out. I went ahead with those locally. For those that needed to be done in India and those that spanned a long period, I decided to inform Tavayogi. When I listed the details over the phone he surprised me by telling me that there was no need for it. I was baffled and remained silent. I was confused as to who I should listen to - whether Agathiyar who came in the Nadi or my guru Tavayogi in physical form.

Sensing my silence Tavayogi broke the silence telling me to go ahead if that would please me.  I decided not to go against his words. Today I can safely say that he took care of matters that day for Agathiyar never brought up the subject again. Just as my first guru Supramania Swami gifted me the merits of all his years of tavam, Tavayogi took up my daughter's karma for we know karma is an energy form too that cannot be exhausted but only displaced by another equivalent positive act or replaced in another form or transmitted to another to bear its weight. Hence remedies such as prayers, puja, rituals, pilgrimages, and charity are given by the Siddhas to counter it. So it did not come as a surprise when Agathiyar came recently and told us that the suffering Tavayogi endured just before he went into the state of samadhi was because he had taken on others karma out of love towards them, which reminds us of why Jesus Christ was prepared to suffer for the sins of others.

Similarly, when his guru Chitramuthu Adigal in a Nadi reading for a devotee requested us to carry out a Siddhar Puja at the Tanneermalai temple in Taiping where Chitramuthu Adigal had meditated for some time, we were suggesting that if it was a Sunday instead of a Thursday that he wanted, many other devotees could join too. Tavayogi immediately gave his consent to carry it out on a Sunday though he had just read out the Jeeva Nadi to us. The Siddhas did accept the change of day we requested. Now, who was Tavayogi who had so much influence in the Siddha circle?

When I requested Tavayogi to bring someone I knew into the path of the Siddhas, he surprised me by telling me to let him be. Tavayogi told me that the other needed to exhaust his karma in the form of desires that he cherished and carried with him, otherwise, his karma shall continue to follow him. But when several sadhakas began to lag behind on their practice and given assignments, Agathiyar, Ramalinga Adigal, and Tavayogi have been pushing to complete them. To others, they told them to drop their activities such as that of charity as they had gained sufficient merits and credits and to venture into meditation. The Siddhas go that extra mile for us out of love and compassion for us.

Who can comprehend the Lilas or play of the divine? I understand now why Tavayogi told us not to compute life nor try to understand it but instead live it. This would save us a lot of headaches and confusion. Now I understand why Lord Shiva came in a dream some 33 years earlier to put a stop to all my inquiries, doubts, and confusion when what I read and saw did not tally. I was angry with the Gods for having his devotees go through suffering then. After a period of hibernation of 19 years, he brought me before his Nadi and read to me the reason for all of the mankind's suffering. It was the first time I learned about karma.

Man who is caught in the web of Maya, is not aware of the Atma that accompanied him at the beginning of life here. The "I" in him shadows it. But when the awareness of the presence of his long-lost buddy, his Atma is awakened by the guru, his Atma comes to the fore and takes charge of his life henceforth. It begins to chart his life from that moment on provided he surrenders his 'I" forever. The foremost act that the Atma does is to help him tackle his karma. Once that baggage that we had carried for many births is sorted and laid bare before us and solutions figured out to wean us off its effects, the Atma leads us on a path that brings us to salvation. The Atma eventually leads us to its source the Paramatma.