Thursday 16 December 2021

LET US WATCH A SHORT FILM

I had a dream to make movies back then as a teen. I used to watch every movie shown in the theatres and read up on it. My family would come to me for a review before deciding to watch it. But over time I realized that I did not want to be at the mercy of the weather, stars, and the crew. I dropped my desire. I continued drawing and painting instead. This too I wanted to take up as a profession but back then there was no prospect in this field. Just as Sophie's father questions Jay in "99 Songs" if his passion for music was going to feed him, bring food to the table, I continued it as a hobby instead. I finally settled for engineering. I have no regrets as I enjoyed my work till I retired six years ago. 

Then with the coming of my guru and me traveling to India for the first time, I brought back still photographs of my travels with Tavayogi and my time with Supramania Swami. I made the first video that I posted to YouTube back then in 2005 after Tavayogi had seen, enjoyed, and approved it. But as it then carried a musical piece from sitarist Ravi Shanker's album, YouTube notified me of the infringement in copyright. I removed it. Now as we are allowed to use these music scores I had remade several videos carrying the original footage.

Today my second daughter has picked up this interest and pursues a Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences (Media Communication). She made the following short film with her coursemates for her final assignment for the "Comparing Novels to Films" class at Ajou University in South Korea where she is doing an exchange program.

Following in the footsteps of her aunt is my 4-year-old granddaughter who recorded her sister on video having her repeat words.