Wednesday 27 December 2023

LEARNING TO LET GO

I am amazed at the role of the divine in having us engage with people who tend to show us the way back home to him. My parents Avadaiyappa and Valliammai showed us to God in paintings and statues having us join them in prayers both at home and in the temples. Later I continued the legacy praying in my bachelor home in the eighties. I got to hear about the Siddhas sometime in the late nineties when I was frequenting Dr. Krishnan for my astrological readings. Later in 2002, my colleague Muralitharan Saminathan spoke about his experience reading the Nadi two years back. I received my first painting of Agathiyar after my very first Nadi reading in 2002 from Sivabalan who brought in Nadi reader Senthilkumar from Avinashi in India.

Later I passed on this painting to my in-laws and worshipped another.


Meeting Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal in 2005 and following him back to India a month after his departure, I was brought to Agasthiyampalli. 


Then in 2009, learning that Agathiyar had me commission his bronze statue to be made at Swamimalai in the Nadi reading in the image of his granite statue at Agasthiyampalli my nephew who visited Agasthiyampalli handed me a photo of Agathiyar residing there. I began worshiping this photo.

Agathiyar arrived at my home on 2 January 2010 a day before his Annual Jayanthi celebrations. 


Later that year when my nephew visited Kallar ashram he sent me photos of the 6 feet tall fibre statue of Agathiyar whom Tavayogi had installed.


In 2013 when I visited Kallar with my family, Tavayogi handed me a pair of wooden sandals and the staff or Vaasikol to be worshipped.





Over time many of these precious items of worship were given away to other devotees visiting AVM by Agathiyar telling them that he shall enter their homes henceforth. Finally, Agathiyar who initially asked that his statue be made and installed at the Sri Raghavendra Mritiga Brindavanam in Ipoh but instead chose to stay put at AVM even after the Brindavanam was completed, asked to take leave and left for Krishna's home. Agathiyar has asked that he carry out his Jayanthi celebration this Saturday. Though his statue has left AVM, he told me he was with us at AVM.