Thursday 28 December 2023

LOVE THAT BINDS US

In "Awakening Mind - Part 1 - Know Thyself" we are made to understand life as "all about the need to strip away the illusion to arrive exactly where we are in the now." How wonderful.

Neale Donald Walsch who authored the series of books, "Conversation with God" comes before the camera and speaks about all those lovely things we have read on the conversations with God all this while. 

"The experience of my spiritual self was only possible in the realm of the physical for a very good reason. Because only in the realm of the physical was the opposite available. In other words, just use a simple example, if I wanted to experience myself, if I could speak metaphorically as the light, I couldn't experience being the light, if I was amidst the light, nothing else around me but the light, which is a perfect definition of the realm of the spiritual. So I would come to a realm which I call the realm of the physical where there is something other than the light, because if I wanted to experience myself as the light, not just know myself as that but experience it, I could only do that where there was the opposite of the light, in this case, the darkness. So I brought his opportunity to the physical realm where the light and the dark exist simultaneously and then in that outward expression of myself as the light I could be who I really am."


Rupert Spira says "And this understanding suggests that behind our differences we are all the same being, not a similar being but we are all literally one the same being, and love is the felt experience of this oneness or shared being." 

I can understand now the extreme outpouring of love that came within Ramalinga Adigal each time he came through a devotee. He would either call us all over to him or come to each one of us and hug us tightly calling out to Arutperunjothi to bless us all and to Prapanjam to come within us. 

The lyricist of the song, "Manamenum Maya Unjal" has rightly penned the words extending a prayer and a hope that if only love could unite all of us, what a wonderful world it would be." Though it portrays the love between two souls we have come to learn to see it from a wider perspective and with a touch of divinity in it.