Friday 29 December 2023

RETURNING HOME

Rupert Spira in "Awakening Mind - Part 1 - Know Thyself" says that "One becomes awakened by recognizing that what we essentially are, is already fully awake, fully aware, complete, whole, fulfilled, and at peace."

Neale Donald Walsch says the same. "It is not something that the person initiates. It is something that the person recognizes. That is to know again. What we have known from the beginning but is simply forgotten, denied, or failed to believe so we cannot initiate closeness to God."

Just as the speakers mention, the Siddhas tell us that we are light in essence having come from the light. But as we are covered in layers, curtains, veils, or sheaths upon sheaths, and the gross and course that seems real, the true journey is in withdrawing and going within removing, tearing down or drawing back each of these sheets that prevent us from seeing our true nature. Coming to this awareness is knowing the soul or Atma and being one with it.

To know the soul that resides within and in us or rather that is truly "us" minus the ego and all the tags we have given us, the Siddhas had us travel and journey looking out and searching for our true selves out there initially. It was to exhaust the baggage of karma that we had brought with us through performing pilgrimages, carrying out puja and rituals, carrying out remedies, and doing charity. Then they turned our attention to the self and our body. They made us practice Yoga, Pranayama, and Asanas. They placed us under the tutorship of gurus in physical form to guide and monitor us. Soon they began to work on us subtly bringing on subtle transformations that they came by later to reveal, highlight, and confirm. It was then time to drop all efforts and stand witness to what was taking place in and around us. 

I cannot bring myself to even carry out the Homam these days. Though Agathiyar had asked that we end all rituals but also added that we could take up the tool if and when needed, thinking that I should join others whom I had asked in carrying out the Homam to help Prapanjam heal the earth and its beings, I sat to carry it out. During the first few days as my grandchildren were with us and the second grandchild getting out of bed would ask and come around asking as many as three times a day to carry it out, I sat with them and guided them in building a small fire and placing our offerings. As days went by I could not bring myself to do it, no matter how much I wanted. Neither could I continue to recite the Mrityunjaya and Dhanvantri mantras or any other songs of praise for that matter. It was as if I had done enough of the rituals. When the energies were awakened in me as a result of the Pranayama and Asana practices given by Tavayogi in 2007, asking Agathiyar if there were any further practices that I should do, he told me that there were none. The energies would do their work. I left it at that. I guess the path is one of no return. Agathiyar in bringing a halt to puja and charity told me to go ahead and not wait for others as one: the path would only allow one at a time, and two: if I waited for others to catch up it would delay my journey. As it is, I am already late in catching the bus as I am 64 now. Agathiyar and Tavayogi told me that one should achieve it before 58 and 60 respectively. 

But exceptions are made as with Tavayogi. Agathiyar had him revisit the path for the sake of others for when I asked him why, after urging us to come to the path of Gnana, he was stepping back into Bakthi building a temple, he replied it was for others. Supramania Swami who cherished a 40-year-old wish to build a temple was asked the same. He saw his desire torn up to shreds when a stranger turned up at his door and asked why he was stepping back into Bakthi.

I had left behind Sariyai and stopped visiting temples and places of worship and meeting holy men long ago. After meeting my gurus in physical form, Tavayogi had me drop my attachments on things dear and close to me while Supramania Swami brought me to accept men turned gurus and God. Agathiyar had me dissolve the AVM group that he initiated by sending our youths which had grown in number after their Nadi reading. It was time I let go and move on or rather within. Today I spend time in his thoughts and his company, penning this blog and spreading his praise in what little way I can sitting in the confines of my home, nay his home, as ordained.