Friday 29 December 2023

THE PATH

In trying to piece together and gain some understanding of life and the lessons gained from the experiences that came my way, I am amazed at the wonder of the Siddhas. I believe they were there from day one for how would I have arrived at their door today without their consent. It was not me who searched for a path but a calling on their part. This must only mean that our relationship went back to days before I was even born. It was no accident nor can I say that I found the path. The path was there waiting for me to take a plunge. If I had been sidetracked I wonder if I would have arrived there. 

Seeing that I was turning cuckoo trying to figure out and understand why people around me were suffering they had me take leave of my daily puja and reading in my bachelor days in the eighties and hibernate for some good 14 years. Though I had stopped reading too besides home puja and temple visits, there was one book that was delivered to me in 1994 that I had to read to take on a journey of a different kind. It was Paramahansa Yogananda's autobiography. It opened up a whole new world, that of the gurus, god coming as men.  

They sent a soul that seemingly had requested for my wife and me to be together again in another birth with the arrival of my second daughter in 1998. She is said to be the reason I came to the path too. We are said to have been together in a former birth.

Then in preparing me to come to know the reasons for one's suffering through my first Nadi reading, they had my nephew deliver a message from them that came through his Paramaguru Gopal Pillai coming through a devotee a year earlier.

When the time was right and ripe for me to gain an understanding I was called for a Nadi reading in 2002, where I got my answers and clarity. 

Taking up the calling to come to the worship of the Siddhas, and walking the path of Guru Bhakti with Supramania Swami and the path of the Siddhas with Tavayogi, I had two lineages of gurus behind me namely Jayaram Pillai, Satananda Swami, Pundi Mahaan, Kollimalai Swami and Yogi Ramsuratkumar and on the other hand, Agathiyar, Ramalinga Adigal, Jeganatha Swamigal and Chitramuthu Adigal. Giving me the tools, methods, and practice and guiding me through their Nadi, they had me work to gain the experiences and learn for myself, rather than handing down scriptures and bookish knowledge and their account of experiences.

Today when I had toiled the fields they had me drop the tools and take a rest in the shade of the Siddha family tree while waiting for the crop to ripen and harvest.